Infrastructure Support Analyst
What is the opportunity?
As part of the Infrastructure Operations Team you will be responsible for the upkeep of all technology infrastructure at RBC Global Asset Management. This includes incident resolution, planning and execution of infrastructure changes, as well as infrastructure consultancy for projects and development teams. In addition, you will be involved in initiatives to evolve and modernize our infrastructure platform through process automation, DevOps and adoption of cloud technologies. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- Monitor and support all Infrastructure at RBC Global Asset Management
- Investigate and resolve technical issues as part of the Infrastructure Operations team, working with development and application support teams as required.
- Proactively make recommendations to address the root cause of repeating issues, and follow through to implement the necessary improvements
- Maintain and upgrade existing systems, and proactively identify opportunities to automate processes to improve efficiencies and resilience
- Create and update documentation relating to infrastructure, including architecture and configuration information, as well as incidents and changes.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors as needed for support, upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in 3rd party applications' technical evaluations.
- Act as subject matter expert for disaster recovery of infrastructure, including taking responsibility for recovering GAM systems in the event of a BCP event.
Nice to Have
- A degree in Information Technology and/or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in an technology infrastructure role
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with Microsoft Server
- Intermediate understanding of Server Virtualization and Storage Solutions
- Intermediate understanding of Cisco Networking
- Experience with DevOps work practices, and automation of infrastructure configuration and maintenance activities, using tools such as Ansible
- Flexibility in hours to work occasional evenings and weekends
What's in it for you?
- ITIL Certification
- Linux technologies
- Knowledge of Varonis or similar tools
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with containerization technologies
- Experience with administration of cloud technologies
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies