Investment Bank – Capital Markets and Advisory (CM&A), Group Chief Operating Officer (Group COO), AVP, Toronto
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The opportunity to join Credit Suisse's Capital Markets and Advisory (CM&A) division as a Group Chief Operating Officer (Group COO) for the Canadian business. The Group COO will report into the Canada Country COO and the CM&A Americas Coverage COO and will collaborate on a wide range of matters including strategy, business and financial management, human capital and administrative activities. Responsibilities:
- Handle all facets of daily operations for the Group working with the Canada Country COO, the facilities management team and members of the divisional COO and CAO teams
- Effectively build positive relationships across the Canadian team, from junior staff to senior management, to influence results and deliver value
- Foster a strong culture by ensuring awareness, understanding and compliance with meaningful policies and procedures by all Group members and coordinate routine information updates and training sessions on compliance and regulatory topics
- Conduct and draft quantitative and qualitative business analysis and commentary, and manage the financial reporting (pipeline update, forecasts, senior management updates) by working closely with the analytics team in Raleigh
- Help manage the group Admins and assist with logistics for internal and client events
- Manage the Group's expense budgets and supervise expense policies and approvals
- Help facilitate the human capital strategy, including talent acquisition, training and development, performance management and compensation in collaboration with HR and Compensation teams
- Support in delivering the client coverage strategy and revenue targets
- Implement and continuously drive business strategy and initiatives in partnership with the Group Head and key partners throughout the CM&A division and across the Canadian business
- Broad experience and detailed understanding of the investment banking industry
- Ability to act as a thought partner and strategist with excellent execution and implementation capabilities
- Outstanding qualitative and quantitative analytical aptitude is a big plus!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to coordinate with senior management
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills with capability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Hardworking, dedicated and result oriented with the ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in data analytics, PowerPoint and Excel is a plus!
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any time during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources so that we can discuss a suitable accommodation and make appropriate arrangements.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.