Java Developer, Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID: 80187
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
This position belongs to a highly skilled development team that develops and supports various applications in growing Global Regulatory & Compliance Technology team. The team is responsible for providing specialized analysis, design, development, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, risk management and decision support systems for business users within Scotiabank IT group. The role:
The incumbent will be responsible for implementing standards and best practices around the development of application services and common components. The incumbent will influence the technological solution in relationship to the architecture, design and development and leverage common components as part of delivering the design/solution. Provides an enterprise-wide perspective and input into IT decisions. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Work within a cross functional Agile team to deliver solutions for various business line of the bank
- Ability to take the lead on projects, but also work with others
- Ability to look at a problem from both a business and technical angle
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-leaner on new technologies and maintain an understanding of the business and technology strategies.
What's in it for you?
- A recognized degree in engineering, computer science, math or related discipline
- Extensive experience in JAVA related technologies and frameworks (J2EE, JSP, JSF 2, JUnit, Struts 1.x, ANGULAR JS, Spring Framework)
- Extensive experience in Oracle/ SQL development and PL/SQL, as well as understanding of general database objects and structures
- Experience with developing enterprise level web applications and web services.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) would be an asset
- Familiar with open Source DevOps tools (Bitbucket/GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle, Docker)
- Have exposure to Apache Nifi , Kafka and ElasticSearch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Information Technology, Technology, Finance