Lead Risk Rating Specialist
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The BRR Input Team provides Borrower Risk Rating (BRR) input support for Commercial Banking Centres (CBCs), Mid-Market Agriculture (MMAG) units, TD Equipment Finance, TD Automotive Branches, Financial Restructuring Group, and Franchise Banking.
BRRIT is responsible for generating model-implied BRRs for existing and new borrowers by completing all Moody's Risk Analyst (MRA) inputs, including financial statement input and the input of qualitative assessment. Job Description
Reporting to the Manager, Borrower Risk Rating, the Lead Risk Rating Specialist is responsible for:
Requirements Job Requirements
- Use combination of GAAP, notes to financial statements, and overarching guidelines to correctly assess input values from financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow) of privately held companies and group of companies to confirm inputs into the Risk Rating model
- Understand intercompany transactions and review intercompany eliminations use to combine financial statements from multiple companies, including complex consolidations
- Review a Borrower Risk Rating (BRR) for each request based on inputs, both for single companies and complex consolidations
- Ensure the model implied BRR is correct and close requests for single and group of companies
- Be the subject matter expert on the Risk Rating models supported
- Provide guidance to inputter regarding any errors
- Mentoring and training the Risk Rating Specialists and/or seasonal Contractors
- Effectively communicating with the Business Units and other credit adjudicators when there are conflicting views on a set of entries
- Act as Manager of Duty and develop a strong knowledge of Automation to support the Queue Manager on automation monitoring
- Perform quality control review of the Economic Market Value (EMV) spreadsheets
- Assist the Group Manager and Manager of Risk Rating on projects and initiatives, as required
- Assist Risk Rating Managers to Hiring (pre-testing, interview, onboarding) seasonal contractors in preparation for the peak season
- Assist Risk Rating Managers with BRR queue management when required
- Contribute to a positive and fun work environment
- Expert knowledge of accounting basics (flows between Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow) and treatment of inter-company eliminations.
- Education or work experience with a specialization in accounting is preferred
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft desktop software, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word
- Working Knowledge of Moody's Risk Analyst
- Must possess keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while ensuring work is of high quality
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Results oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and inter-personal skills
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.