Manager, Controls & Governance
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Manager, Controls & Governance will lead and manage quality assurance and governance activities and initiatives to support Global Reconciliation Services. The role will ensure oversight and management of internal/external audit/SOX processes What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have:
- Responsible for oversight and management of all: (i) data integrity reports; (ii) internal/external Audit/SOX processes; and (iii) ensuring changes are identified, implemented, captured, and documented within the operating framework and are kept current
- Assist in the implementation of quality assurance and governance measures to enhance efficiency
- Assist in the management of GRS' operational risk events, EUCs and Cluster 7
- Act as a subject matter expert for OREs, EUCs, Cluster 7
- Contribute to the development and implementation of common business analysis processes and associated reporting metrics.
- Oversee the timely and accurate submission of General Ledger (GL) attestation, BRAG and Standards of Documentation
- Emphasises a control mind-set in all interactions with service partners.
- Coordination of audits.
- Proactively identify opportunities to further streamline processes and improve productivity through manual process changes and automation opportunities
- Special projects as assigned by senior management.
Nice to Have:
- Undergraduate degree and/or CPA (CA, CMA or CGA), MBA or related qualification
- 3-5 years of financial, accounting or operational experience
- Initiative and ability to drive issues to conclusion coupled with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Solid team player as frequent interaction with key contacts, is necessary to be successful in this role;
- Sense of urgency and ability to handle demanding schedule amidst often competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of RBC financial systems and reporting processes
- Knowledge of Bank products and related source systems
- Strong collaborative skill sets
- LSS mindset Accounting degree/background
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs About RBC
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com. Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.