Manager, Credit Risk Analytics and Production
Requisition ID: 77438
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As the Manager, Credit Risk Analytics and Production
(Global Risk Management), you will be responsible for the implementation of non-retail (business banking) IFRS 9 model changes in production process, assist in identifying improvement opportunities and has the capability to perform impact analysis on what-if scenarios. What will you do in this role?
What we're looking for?
- Implement the IFRS 9 end-to-end process, data reconciliation, model implementation, control process, testing, governance and reporting. Ensure compliance with relevant internal policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as modeling teams (Internal Ratings Management, Enterprise Stress Testing), Information Technology & Systems (IT&S), Business units, Enterprise Risk Management and other functions for methodology improvement to ACL and capital.
- Work with Technology teams for automation and associated testing which includes reporting automation, data flow infrastructure and security controls.
- Understand model changes behind PD, LGD for various segments and has the capability to articulate to senior management
- Responsible to perform analysis or support analysis on ad-hoc questions from senior management and business lines. Data reconciliation between systems whenever a new portfolio is included or a new initiative is taken. Produce ad hoc analysis as required from time to time for different stakeholders.
What's in it for you?
- Post-Secondary Education completed, preferably in Math, Finance or Physics. MA is an asset
- 3 years of relevant analytical work experience with working knowledge in regulatory capital requirement, credit product and capital modeling.
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL is required.
- Credit and capital knowledge is required, ie. strong understanding of banking principles
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in multi-tasking environment under tight time line.
- Familiarity with Git bit bucket, JIRA, Power BI and Tableau is an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills and proven problem solving skills
This position is located on King St W, Toronto
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing a multiple of exciting and forward thinking initiatives
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Analytics, Credit, Risk Management, Data Analyst, Developer, Finance, Management, Data, Technology