Manager, Data Management (Contract)
Requisition ID: 82804
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our Internal Ratings Management (IRM) data management team, responsible for the data and system implementations required for development, implementation and review of the non-retail credit risk models and parameters, i.e., Probability of Default (PD), Loss-Given-Default (LGD), Exposure-At-Default (EAD) and Usage-Given-Default (UGD). These components are critical inputs for regulatory and economic capital calculation and reporting, customer profitability modelling. What you'll do in this role?
What we're looking for?
- Collection of historical loss data from credit files for use in Basel III modelling
- Prepare and analyze data from internal systems
- Perform ad hoc analysis on data and prepare reports in response to requests from senior management and regulators
- Analyze data to identify patterns and potential data quality issues and liaise with relevant stakeholders to resolve issues
This position is a one year contract, located at King St W, downtown Toronto
- A graduate degree (or equivalent) in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Mining, Engineering or Operations Research.
- Candidates with quantitative, business (e.g. MBA, CFA, FRM) or accounting background preferred.
- Experience working in a banking or credit adjudication rule preferred.
- Proficient in Excel is required
- Experience with SAS is a strong asset
- Experience in handling/manipulating large volumes of data from multiple sources, with tools such as SQL, R, Python; well-developed ability to adapt to various programming languages and environments is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Data Management, Database, Manager, Bank, Banking, Data, Technology, Management, Finance