Manager, Data Scientist
Requisition ID: 82046
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Threat Monitoring - Data Scientist is accountable to act as a Senior resource and SME in one of two key functions, being the development, of approaches and techniques or detecting Money Laundering activity across the bank globally, and/or within the Threat Analytics team to ensure that current and future high risk AML activities are identified and referred to Investigations for review. Key Accountabilities:
Experience / Education:
- Perform threat monitoring analytical techniques
- Use classic and latest machine learning research results to identify potential threats to bank channels
- Use classic and latest machine learning research results to perform data canonicalization on the matched entity references (bad and good actors).
- Perform system integration between global entity databases and transaction systems.
- Build scalable solution to ingest and process entity databases and business transaction systems.
- Extend classic standalone algorithms to work in parallel in Hadoop ecosystem and GCP.
- Build batch-based and real-time entity resolution process on serve various business transaction systems.
- Perform data extrapolation across multiple data sources and create data mosaics
- Develop data mosaics by combining information across different sources including law enforcement, news, social media, etc.
- Construct data frameworks that will be used to measure, and monitor threats to the bank
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong foundation in Software Engineering and Core Computer Science
- Strong background with some of the technologies. Technology Stack: Java, Python, Hive, Spark, Scala, Hadoop/MapReduce, Unix/Linux, GCP
- Quick learner, inquisitive by nature, ability to learn independently
- Ability to communicate highly technical material to general audience
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Scientific, Scientist, Data Management, Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Science, Data