Manager, Executive Compensation, Total Rewards, Global Human Resources (Toronto ON)
Requisition ID: 79287
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Total Rewards team in Global Human Resources, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Responsible for researching and developing executive compensation program design recommendations that are consistent with the goals and strategies of the Bank and in line with the Bank's Total Rewards principles.
- Assists in the communication and implementation of new and existing executive compensation programs. Provides subject matter expertise to HR Business Partners.
- Supports the annual executive compensation planning cycle, executive market data analysis and compensation governance activities of the Bank.
- Assist in the ongoing review, design and development of executive compensation policies and programs (salary, annual incentive, mid- and long-term incentives, perquisites, share ownership, etc.).
- Provide advice & counsel to HR Business Partners and other internal stakeholders on matters related to executive compensation policy interpretation, new hire offers and promotions, ensuring alignment with established policy, business objectives and global principles.
- Lead or participate in the market research process, including leading job matching sessions, overseeing survey analysis, developing base salary, incentive and deferred compensation guidelines, job tools and summaries to support the executive decision-making process.
- Leads (or participates in) small to medium compensation projects from planning and designing through to implementation, including engaging internal and external stakeholders, developing project plans, working with project teams and presenting progress and recommendations for action.
- Contributes to the executive compensation annul planning cycle, including program development and approval, communication, delivery and support of the Global Compensation Planning (GCP) tool.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Post-secondary degree & related designation (CHRP, CCP)
- Advanced Excel skills
- 5+ years of progressive compensation experience including executive compensation, compensation governance & disclosure, market analysis and incentive plan design (including equity-based compensation)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Law, Developer, Compensation, Compliance, Legal, Technology, Research, Human Resources