Manager, Financial Control
What is the opportunity?
The Manager, Financial Control will be responsible for assisting in the execution of financial control responsibilities in the Personal & Commercial Banking (P&CB) platform, with the objective of delivering timely, accurate and reliable financial information. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Validate monthly GL information to ensure financial transactions are reported according to the established accounting standards.
- Perform review of Standard of Documentation (SOD) and follow-up on queries to ensure timely resolution
- Evaluate SOD reporting process, identify opportunities for improvements and discuss recommendations with the right parties. .
- Prepare monthly BS and P&L analysis to ensure variances are understood.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly disclosure information as required.
- Assist in the investigation of financial and regulatory reporting matters in P&CB. Maintain technical knowledge and keep abreast of all new IFRS accounting developments.
- Prepare applicable SOX and RBC EUC documentation as required.
- Complete special projects as assigned by manager.
- 4+ years relevant working experience
- CPA, CA or equivalent.
- Strong accounting and audit knowledge.
- Strong financial and analytical skills and able to prioritize tasks and meet with multiple deliverables within a tight timeline
- Excellent Excel skills and presentation skills
What's in it for you?
- Strong knowledge of the RBC financial systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to collaborate and obtain buy-ins from multiple stakeholders.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- The opportunity to interface with senior level executives from many different parts of the organization
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .