Manager, GBM Global AML Risk for Capital Markets - Transaction Monitoring
Requisition ID: 84651
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Key member of the GBM Global AML Risk for Capital Markets Transaction Monitoring function with responsibility to assist with the implementation of transaction monitoring and case management solution across multiple capital markets asset classes globally.
The ideal candidate will be based in Toronto reporting to the Senior Manager AML Risk for Capital Markets located in Toronto. As part of the team, the incumbent will assist in the operationalization of a robust Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to support continued use of the solution. Background
The GBM AML Risk team for capital markets is reviewing its anti-money laundering (AML) transaction monitoring (TM) program. As part of the review, the Bank is developing and implementing Transaction Monitoring rules to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to enhance existing AML Transaction Monitoring coverage. The objective is to adopt a proactive, effective, flexible and consistent risk-based approach to mitigating global money laundering / terrorist financing risk and maintaining a top AML program. Accountabilities
- Support Senior Manager AML Risk in responsibilities for Capital Markets Transaction Monitoring roll out globally.
- Build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Remain up to date on regulatory change in Canada impacting AML/ATF, Sanctions and KYC policies.
- Attend industry forums and trade associations in Canada relevant to capital markets transaction monitoring.
- Collaborate with capital markets and global AML Risk teams to pursue department objectives.
Capital Markets Transaction Monitoring
- Spearhead testing efforts as part of the rule development process.
- Assist the rules development team with defining thresholds and parameters.
- Understanding of trade data and trade lifecycle Assist with managing alerts generated by the transaction monitoring rules.
- Partner with various groups primarily Front Office in order to identify the root cause and/or rationale for the alerts Manage alerts: work with the front office to identify root cause of alerts.
- Identify further improvements to the rules in order to reduce false positives based on alerts generation Work with the FIU to outline the requirements for case management.
- Participate in the documentation of transaction monitoring business requirements.
- Participate in documenting the UAT approach, test cases for ongoing transaction monitoring Represent GBM AML Risk on execution of each phase of the GBM Transaction Monitoring Roadmap.
- Collaborate with external consultants, vendors and technology groups on the path to the strategic target solution.
- Assist with the trade data mapping into the transaction monitoring strategic solution.
- Work with external consultants, vendor and internal technology groups to provide guidance on the Capital Markets business SME knowledge.
- Identify areas of opportunities to improve either the data models or the transaction monitoring solution via alerts investigation based on the phases that have already been implemented.
Policies & Procedures
- Assist with the implementation of policies and procedures related to AML transaction monitoring for capital markets.
- Contribute to jurisdictional AML FIU policies and procedures as necessary.
- Assist with developing consolidated management information for AML transaction monitoring.
Education / Experience
- Train FIU investigators on case/alerts management for capital markets Assist with training documentation.
- Assist with alerts escalation during the transition phase to the FIU.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in financial services operations and/or AML/ATF compliance; or 2 years in management consulting at "Big Four" (or equivalent) consulting firm.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- ACAMS certified preferred.
- Strong communications, analytical, critical thinking, organizational, project management, and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of Capital Markets businesses, products, operations, systems, and organization.
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets and current regulatory environment preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of AML/ATF regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Highly detail oriented and has strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Developer, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Finance, Technology