Manager, Global FIU, AML Risk
Requisition ID: 79767
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Manager, Global Financial Intelligence Unit (GFIU) is responsible for providing oversight, guidance, subject matter expertise and support to the GAMLU FIUs in International Banking. The incumbent will contribute to the delivery of business strategies, plans, and initiatives in compliance with governing regulations, the GAMLU AML/TF Program, internal policies and procedures.
Responsible for supporting operational processes along with quality performance within GAMLU FIUs and facilitates regulatory AML/ATF reporting while providing advice and counsel regarding AML/ATF associated risk mitigation activities. Key Accountabilities:
- Supports the implementation of the FIUs' operational strategy for the efficient and effective execution of the assigned components of GAMLU's AML/ATF detection, and reporting program.
- Contributes to policies and procedures for implementation of the GAMLU AML/ATF Program.
- Monitors overall global FIUs performance and work quality, including, but not limited to, workload, staffing, change management implementation, quality assurance assessments, training effectiveness, and other defined departmental performance measurements.
- Provides management with updates on progress, initiatives and forecast related issues.
- Initiates and manages projects working independently or within cross functional teams by collaborating on and developing proposals, establishing milestones and assessing work effort, ensuring all deliverables are completed within negotiated timeframes, and within established department guidelines and protocols, escalating as necessary.
- Collaborates and coordinates effectively with others within GAMLU, Business Solutions, Technology, global FIUs, and the Business Lines to affectively administer GAMLU's AML/TF Program and mitigate risk efforts.
- Maintains processes established for the actions required for referrals and information sharing involving sanctions, Corporate Security, law enforcement agencies, FINTRAC, or other FIU requests.
- Reviews recommendations for escalation to the CAMLO with respect to customer risk mitigation activities, including potential customer exits or retention with risk mitigation conditions
- Provides operational and industry subject matter expertise and feedback to the Senior Managers, as well as Enterprise AML-ATF Solutions and AML/ATF Risk Models teams to facilitate their design and calibration of the Bank's automated monitoring systems.
- Participates in the design of appropriate management reporting (e.g. metrics for analyst productivity, conversion ratios, case aging etc.) to monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of investigative activities and to facilitate the reporting of identified operational risks to Senior Management.
- Oversees and manages proper remediation efforts and corrective actions, as assigned.
- Provides guidance and collaborates with other AML/TF subject matter experts concerning high-risk referrals.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills sets relevant for ML, TF, sanction and other regulatory matters to provide guidance and subject matter expertise.
- Manage and operate day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Fosters an inclusive work environment and communicates Scotiabank's and the GAMLU's visions, values and business strategy.
- Support a customer-focused culture throughout their work and team to deepen stakeholder relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- University degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years' experience in the financial services industry preferable in a global/matrix organization in risk management, Audit or AML disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of significant and relevant local and international AML laws and regulations
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting AML/ATF functions
- Proven ability to use excellent judgment and solid leadership
- Excellent writing, presentation, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to lead / drive rapid and significant change
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment as to the materiality of risks where identified
- Proven ability in determining required risk mitigation activities with appropriate consideration to the impact to the business line
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with business leaders to support enterprise objectives, influence key stakeholders and jointly develop effective and realistic strategies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and strategic influencing skills
- Uses an analytical approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing a team environment coupled with attention to results and a sense of urgency
- Solid understanding of AML/ATF technology, coupled with equally strong financial and risk management knowledge.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist designation is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Finance, Technology, Legal