Manager, Global Name List Scanning Solutions, AML Risk
Requisition ID: 84110
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
The Manager, Global Name Screening will be responsible for supporting 2nd Line AML/ATF Name Screening Solutions, Global AML/ATF Enterprise Solutions activities related to Name Screening customers against the appropriate lists to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and Scotiabank AML/ATF policy needs.
The incumbent is expected to possess an adequate level of business line, technology and AML knowledge to identify, evaluate and recommend improvements to process, technology, and reporting to manage and mitigate risk, ensure efficiencies and consistencies while safeguarding quality and managing AML/ATF and Sanction risks. Accountabilities
Education / Experience
- Support and deliver on the design, development, and implementation of Name Screening Coverage to meet business expectations and requirements
- Identifies and documents business requirements, ensuring completeness and proper understanding and delivering on expectations
- Support a customer-focused culture throughout their work and team to deepen stakeholder relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides guidance to the end users pre and post implementation.
- Conducts operational readiness assessment and implementation, including training a communication to the units where the tool is implemented.
- Provides management with updates on progress, initiatives and forecast related issues.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with internal key stakeholders including IT departments and assigned LOB within Canadian Banking/ Wealth Management, International Banking and Global Banking & Markets to support the ACRM process in maintaining compliance in jurisdictions of which Scotiabank has a presence;
- Initiates and manages projects working independently or within cross functional teams by collaborating on and developing proposals, establishing milestones and assessing work effort, ensuring all deliverables are completed within negotiated timeframes, monitored against budget and within established department guidelines and protocols, escalating as necessary
- Liaises with Technology Support Team to ensure effective systems and technology are in place to support the Name Screening Coverage implementation.
- Develops and prepares related dashboards, updates and presentations to facilitate execution excellence, stakeholder alignment and transparency.
- Manage and operate day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank's risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank's risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Contribute to building a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating and understanding the vison/values/ business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Manages personal development to ensure knowledge and skills related to Business Process Design are continually enhanced
This position requires the following knowledge:
- Proven delivery working experience
- Full understanding/experience in Delivery Life Cycle
- Detailed knowledge of anti-money laundering related requirements
- Effective communication skills and proven ability to impact and influence
- Proven Leadership and Management capabilities, including ability to influence and manage expectations of stakeholders outside of your reporting line
- Results driven individual with high level of curiosity and ability to dive into details without losing sight of the big picture
- Experience in the development of data lineage and mapping documentation
- Previous Oracle Mantas case management experience preferred
- ACAM Certification is an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, ability to multi task, function and deliver high quality results within tight deadlines
- Thorough time management skills in order to satisfy the needs of a large client group and to manage several initiatives simultaneously
- Proficient in suite of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Power Point/Project/Visio)and knowledge of Bank's interactive systems
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in AML, Compliance and/or Audit capacity in a major financial institution
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management.
- Project Management Professional Designation, Six-Sigma (Greenbelt), Lean Certification and/or Agile, an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Finance, Technology, Legal