Manager Learning Experience Design Architect, Global Learning CoE - Toronto ON
Requisition ID: 81257
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Learning CoE in Canada and Globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Responsible for re-articulating the business requirements that internal customers and the Global Learning CoE team leadership have defined together by translating them into learning experience requirements in order to change target audience behavior and skills. This position provides a point of view on what constitutes strong design principles based on the modality, content and outcome that the business is driving. The Manager Learning Experience Architect is responsible for ensuring the end to end learning experience is targeted to the learning audience(s), effective and efficient. Within that end-to-end view, the Manager Learning Experience Architect designs experiences that provide observable and measurable behavior change and skill gain within the target learning audience(s). Accountabilities
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Orchestrates the design of the learning experience by working with the Senior Manager in completion of the ideation, defined scope of work, story boards, and coordinate with Learning Experience Designers determine resourcing needs per the defined scope of work.
• Facilitates architecture, design and contribution working sessions to develop and document the end-to-end learning experience solution for each type of interaction.
• Continuously drives leading-edge innovations into the learning experience solutions.
• Facilitates design reviews to include an internal team review with Global Learning CoE leadership (required approval to move forward) and then a formal review with key stakeholders to ensure solutions meet the requirements.
• Oversees the production of learning interactions during the Design and Build stages, working directly with the Learning Experience Designers to ensure all interactions and assets created by the team are aligned to well-defined design principles across all learning interactions.
• Provides the role-centric learning designs necessary to ensure the experience is digestible to the learning audience(s).
• Facilitates validation of design completion ensure the learning experience solution achieves business outcomes.
• Continuously engages the business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the Design and Build stages, during which interactions and assets are brought from concept to deliverable.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment Education/Experience:
• Minimum 3 - 5 years in a Senior Instructional Designer role, leading the design and development of corporate learning programs
• Post-secondary Degree in Human Resources or Business or related field
• Significant or relevant experience in developing and executing learning strategies and solutions in a large complex corporate environment
• Degree, certificate or designation in adult learning is highly desirable
• Demonstrated portfolio of learning experience designs and solutions with measureable results
• Demonstrated knowledge of facilitated and non-facilitated training methodologies and tools
• Demonstrated ability to educate, communicate, negotiate, and influence with all levels of management to produce outcomes. Ability to deal effectively with different levels of the organization (VP and below).
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and facilitate effectively in order to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems while working under pressure
• Ability to show good judgment, take initiative, and make decisions to accomplish job duties
• Demonstrate an ability to work closely with peers to ensure successful learning outcomes
• Driven, focused, and oriented to the functional design
• Understands how the data relates to actions and results for an individual person or team
• Spanish language skills are an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Training, Bank, Banking, Developer, Education, Engineering, Finance, Technology