Manager, Strategy and Planning
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance (TDI) is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers. Job Description
Reporting to the VP Direct Life & Health, this position is responsible for Direct Life & Health strategic planning, financial & competitive analysis, change management and communication management.
Strategy & Planning:
- Facilitate the development of strategy for Direct Life & Health businesses in conjunction with key leaders and stakeholders, seeking input throughout the strategy creation process, as well as capturing short, medium and long-term goals, and providing a high-level activity roadmap, including investment plan and key change programs.
- Forecast business transformation initiatives and demand, and coordinate with key leaders and stakeholders to prioritize the
- portfolio of new programs.
- Recognize and anticipate emerging trends and; identify issues and opportunities and recommend action to senior management; and research and identify internal and external resources relating to competitive benchmarking and developments in innovation, and customer insight
- Educate and advise leadership on current research and analysis issue, brand strategy, and leading-edge industry trends; and ensure analysis, research and/or process requirements are effectively supporting evolving business needs.
- Continuously enhance knowledge within area of expertise and keep current with industry trends, business direction and emerging technologies.
Business Performance / Financial Management:
- Financial management liaison between Direct Life and Health businesses and finance; also responsible for business case tracking.
- Continually monitor and track the success and effectiveness of strategic initiatives and communicate results with the business and the team
- Regularly and effectively communicate profitability analysis and results with the business and the team
Business Operations Support:
- Support leadership and team in staying knowledgeable on emerging issues, tends and evolving regulatory requirements and
- assess potential impacts to the businesses
- Assess / identify key issues and escalate to appropriate levels and relevant stakeholders and business management where
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness, and operational efficiency
Communication / Employee Experience
- Provide Life & Health level communications to ensure messages to stakeholders and/or employees are consistent, appropriate and aligned to business strategies and executive management direction.
- Coordinate the consolidation and delivery of all key departmental weekly/monthly/quarterly executive updates such as any Monthly MOR project and/or operational highlights.
- Manage priorities related to scheduled meetings, agenda, pre-mails, involvement of participants as required for offsite sessions, L&H leadership team meetings, planning and implementation of departmental communications, and Town Halls
- Portfolio / Program / Project Governance & Oversight:
- Provide leadership with information, reporting and support to ensure operational risks are appropriately managed and adherence to internal policies/procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines is effective.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple simultaneous and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and constantly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of personal integrity; with good judgment when managing and accessing sensitive information about the TD, our strategy, results, people and issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - professional, confident, transparent and concise communicator (verbal and written); with the ability to simplify complex information
- Organizational awareness and resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions and resolve issues
- Experience leading change and making an impact in cross-functional groups through influence and by nurturing key relationships;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization and influence executive decision-making.
- Customer-focused, with an understanding of how change impacts and/or adds value to both the customer and our colleagues
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.