Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Testing and Quality Assurance (QA)
covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD's definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn't changed - experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our testing activities may focus on system integration, business acceptance, performance, operability and deployment verification. Quality Assurance activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QA Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
There's room to grow in all of this. Job Description About This Role
We need someone to manage a team of testing and QA professionals in providing a broad range of test services and solutions, ensuring standards are met and objectives are achieved.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Manage team in delivery of test planning, preparation and execution activities.
- Accountable for all project/release testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Ensure effective planning and support coordination with partners (e.g. business, CIO group, Infrastructure).
- Oversee creation of testing strategies, plans and project documentation using risk analysis methodologies and tools that align with a project's development approach.
- Manage documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g. strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria, gating), ensure artifacts adhere to standards and audit requirements.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing.
- Participate in test case creation, execution to meet timelines, manage/support team in creating reusable test assets for manual/automated test scripts.
- Oversee or chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, testing. report on test planning, execution, defects using metrics.
- Develop, manage operational processes. ensure QA processes tie into technology delivery practices, standards.
- Manage intake/demand/schedule, perform risk assessments, communicate/negotiate timelines, budget, staffing, scope, milestones.
- Manage business relationships to build knowledge of their business, applications and corresponding IT applications.
- Counsel IT and business partners, raise awareness.
- Accountable for team's adherence to processes, timely issue notification, escalated risks and issue reviews, contingency plan development, risk resolution, facilitates overall escalation process.
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Implement and ensure team adherence to quality, operational, and service management processes.
- Provide cost/resource estimates and revisions, track financials, provide forecasts.
- Develop, manage departmental plan & budget to ensure funds are used appropriately, comply with budget targets and vendor terms and conditions.
- Manage intake and demand, coordinate resources. identify resources across work streams, ensure maximum resource effectiveness.
- Participate in test artifact audit reviews.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management, team leadership, input into performance and development plans.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD's business and technology direction; assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered.
- Ability to manage multiple testing teams for functions/projects with increasing degree of complexity and broad scope (e.g. multi-function within line of business, tier 2-5 projects).
- Readiness to work independently and often autonomously in the management of teams and operational disciplines and develop strategic thinking and planning in work plan execution.
- Experience in orchestrating development of resolutions, plans and strategies for operational advancement.
- Adeptness at providing strong knowledge of QA methodology, best practices and processes while contributing to testing method and tool selection direction.
- Strength in coordinating and prioritizing multiple testing initiatives and championing test activity optimization across projects.
- Ability to manage the development and implementation of new testing strategies and directives.
- Strong knowledge in project financial management and reporting.
- Sound knowledge of external industry trends in relation to competency.
- Sound knowledge of business and/or delivery practices/disciplines.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and IT processes appropriate to the quality delivery development and stewardship.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.