PWM Risk Manager
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
As the PWM Risk Manager, you will support several diverse business lines within the Private Wealth Management segment in managing business, operational and regulatory risk in a complex multi-segment, multi-regulatory environment by performing a number of risk mitigation activities, including identifying, assessing and managing risk in a balanced and proactive way while mitigating losses. The PWM Risk Manager is the accountable IIROC Branch Manager for the Private Banking segment as well as the Branch Manager delegate for CIBC Private Investment Counsel's Tier I compliance and regulatory supervision related to its discretionary investment management business. This role is specific to supporting CIBC Financial Planning & Advice. You will be the accountable IIROC Branch Manager and be responsible for ensuring ongoing regulatory and financial advice compliance that effectively meets IIROC industry guidelines, working with and supporting Financial Planning Consultants, the FP&A Senior Directors and the Regional Support Team Leads. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Regulatory Supervision - As the accountable IIROC Branch Manager, this role includes management and execution of Tier 1 day to day risk, regulatory compliance and supervision activities and requirements. This includes new registrant and strict supervision, CRT notifications and follow up, working with business partners in the management of client complaints, oversight/periodic review of Regional Support Team Leads performing items requiring attention as well as Senior Directors performing annual/sub branch reviews, pro account notifications, client file reviews, managing advisor transition of accounts, proactive identification, reporting to the General Manager, PWM Risk Management and FP&A Senior Director of any high-risk situations and /or any non-compliance.
- Registration - Manage end to end IIROC registration process for all new registrants; notice of terminations and material changes.
- Risk Management - Work with the business regarding audit preparedness activities for regulatory audits, support in the development of action plans of identified gaps/deficiencies, support change process as required. Managing and minimizing the Bank's exposure to risk by ensuring compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and guidelines, and by ensuring that employees adhere to established policies, practices and procedures.
- Regulatory Support and Consultation - Act as the advisor to frontline as it relates to regulatory matters, complex accounts and exception requests. Engage and interact with other risk partners in finding viable business and / or regulatory solutions in acquiring new and/or complex client business/issues.
- Operational Excellence - Create a culture of operational excellence, ensure adherence to the management of irregularities, Code of Conduct, Compliance Policies, Reputation and Legal Risk policies. Communicate, implement and educate employees on compliance policies & procedures
What CIBC Offers
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You're a certified professional. You have completed the IIROC Branch Manager Licencing or are willing to obtain required accreditation for licencing as an IIROC Branch Manager. You have also successfully completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and Branch Manager's Course. The Effective Management Seminar (within 30 months of hire) is also a requirement.
- You can demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of Private Wealth Management's lines of business and current knowledge of all applicable regulatory environments. You have strong knowledge of regulatory risk policies, procedures and controls sufficient to ensure compliance to IIROC business.
- You're an organized person. You are sufficient to schedule, organize and complete work within established timeframes, while accommodating changing priorities.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- Fluency in French would be an asset.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
18 York Street, 12th Floor Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours