The Personal & Business Banking Canada group works to translate business needs for customer and employee facing applications, either for the creation of a new application or enhancements of various existing applications, particularly online banking products. This Portfolio Architect will be tasked with working on projects involving the digital channels, credit card and digitization space.
This position will allow for a candidate to not only play a vital role in the development and implementation of solutions, but will be also involved in its socialization and adaption by the business sponsors. This role will allow a candidate to develop business and technical expertise in the Personal and Business Banking domain, be exposed to industry and leading edge architectures, solution patterns and technologies and develop meaningful cross-functional relationships with other groups at BMO.
This candidate will be working with both Solution Architecture and Enterprise Architecture teams. The team is incredibly close-knit, collaborative and high performing. Role Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to):
Qualifications Must-Have Skills:
- Creates a visionary IT architecture roadmap and organizational strategy to align Business and IT.
- Leads and facilitates the design and implementation of repeatable technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture.
- Defines and documents efficient and transparent architecture principles, standards and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data and technology within the Bank.
- Partners with broader stakeholders in technology and business in defining architecture possibilities and futures.
- Works with Business and development teams in recommending process or system design and enhancements.
- Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound and well-integrated.
- Provides immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate recovery and ensure resolution.
- Works with senior leaders from various groups to provide architectural recommendations & guidance as well as executive-level, enterprise presentations
- Participates in 3 Year Engineering/Technical Roadmaps for one or more layers of the architecture
- Participates in Architecture Review Meetings/Boards to ensure that the organization and architecture align with the business model of the enterprise; providing architectural direction and communicating architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies
- Delivers architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency to align with business strategy
- Develops and maintains current and planned state architectural blueprints
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators
- Solves complex system issues/failures and helps to determine root causes as well as designing resolutions
- Ensures that chosen technology is updated or replaced as needed; understands and balances the complete lifecycle of technical choices
- Creates and manages the various key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and scope
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate any negative impact on technology and enterprise budgets
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs Proof of Concepts / Prototypes, and recommends applications of such technologies to future product architectures
- Provides input into the preparation of business case
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization at BMO, such as: sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Provides architectural expertise & domain knowledge to advise & guide senior leaders
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO
- Typically 10+ years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Data driven decision making
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise, application and information architecture design
- 5+ years of software development experience (no specific software development experience specified)
- Strong understanding of service-oriented architecture, databases, and data modeling techniques
- Strong understanding of TOGAF framework
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Previous experience working on digitization projects
- Previous experience working on mobile or online banking channels projects/groups
- Experience with Hadoop migration projects/initiatives
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong facilitation/negotiation skills
- Ability to influence members of management and advocate for a solution
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and multi-task numerous initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field
- TOGAF Certification or similar (preferred)
120 Bloor Street East We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network- building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.