Principal SRE Release Engineer
Requisition ID: 82749
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that all BNS services-both our internally critical and externally-visible systems-have reliability and uptime appropriate to client needs, are continuously improved while keeping a watchful eye on capacity and performance.
Create Release Engineering capability that includes release platform definition, software performance, schedule management, build packaging and delivery process. Constantly find methods to increase velocity while maintaining stability Key Responsibilities
•. Perform as technical liaison to Engineering from Technical Operations on every aspect associated with final builds and control baseline issues.
• Prepare, evaluate and maintain tools supporting and process automation for software product release.
• Perform with project teams to identify apt build schedule and initiate packaging and build process.
• Ensure to compile and assemble software through source code and store tools in source control.
• Design, manage and execute tools and scripts to develop different versions of products on wide-range operating systems.
• Perform with others for analysis, evaluations along with design options and execute process improvements.
• Correct build errors working with development engineers.
• Support integration of new technologies along with companies.
•. Develop and present general releases, service packs, web products and beta products.
•. Respond constantly and aggressively to automated test and build issues.
•. Interact release engineering and QE to debug and also resolve identified issues.
•. Resolve technical issues working with SREs and engineering teams
•. Develop library to tools for automating manual workflows in development process.
•. Develop dashboards to continuously quantify internal processes efficiency.
•. Maintain and manage close interpersonal and professional work relations with internal clients and peers. Requirements:
• Programming - release engineers are proficient in various computer languages and demonstrate a full understanding of programming best practices; knowledge of databases, networking systems, and computer operating systems is also essential
• Troubleshooting - testing new software to identify and resolve any potential issues is a major part of this role
• Analytical thinking - analyzing instructions to create code is a requirement for release engineers
• Collaboration- release engineers regularly work with software developers, production managers, testers, vendors, and others involved in the production process
• Communication skills - strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as release engineers communicate with various personnel and help write manuals and reference materials
• Time management - in order to make new software products available to the public in a timely manner, companies rely on release engineers to build systems and fix bugs according to schedule
• Change management - release engineers can comfortably adapt to any changes in the production process and can meet rescheduled deadlines
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Engineer, Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Engineering, Finance, Technology, Creative