Principal SRE Service Engineer
Requisition ID: 75931
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Job Purpose:
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that all BNS services-both our internally critical and externally-visible systems-have reliability and uptime appropriate to client needs, are continuously improved while keeping a watchful eye on capacity and performance. The Service Level Manager is responsible for negotiating Service Level Agreements and ensuring that these are met. He/She makes sure that all IT Service Management processes, Operational Level Agreements and Underpinning Contracts are appropriate for the agreed service level targets. She/He is a hands-on specialist in charged with creating, documenting and driving the adoption of SLI/SLO/SLA standards, L2/L3/critical care support models, warranty model and overall metrics and KPIs for Technology Operations, SRE services and release management. Will liaison with the banks overall service management function to modify and implement all ITIL/service management capabilities within the PLATO department. Key Responsibilities
- Perform as technical liaison to Global Technology Services from PLATO Technical Operations on every aspect associated with service management.
- Drive adoption of all standards and frameworks to support the SRE, release engineering & service management agenda
- Create standards for Service Level Initiatives, Service Level Objectives and Service Level Agreements.
- Create the framework & standards for Triage/L2/L3/critical care support services
- Create the framework & standards for Warranty Support post delivery
- Create the process and standards for Major Incident Management, Post-mortems and Analytics
- Continuously evaluate process to drive efficiency improvement and automation
- Accountable for adoption of all frameworks, process and standards developed
- Maintain day to day operations; accountable for overall adherence of defined SLAs
- Implement best practices and standardize support processes to provide exceptional provisioning, fulfillment & operational service
- Provide team leadership establishing internal procedures, documentation, ticketing, and escalation standards to ensure prompt resolution to incidents and service requests
- Provide Management with reports, KPIs& metrics to improve operations, fulfillment and release services
- Create dashboards and client reports to provide customer status on a regular basis
- In-depth knowledge of service management, ITIL, Plan-Build-Run (PBR) operational process
- In-depth understanding of software release management process
- Knowledge of SRE principles
- The ability to multi-task and work across a range of projects and issues with various timelines and priorities
- Articulate, Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very detail-oriented in planning, implementation, documentation, and follow-up
- Reliable, on-time, personable, and customer-focused
- Energetic, able to switch gears quickly from task to task
- Desire to learn; independently and on the job
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Web Design, Technology, Finance, Engineering, Creative