Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Auto Finance is a dynamic division within TD. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business focused on providing a robust array of automotive financing options to meet our customers' needs as well as the needs of our dealer partners. In Canada we also finance recreational and leisure vehicles, and serve the Prime and Non-Prime Auto market.
In the goal to become Canada's #1 auto lender we are over 900 people strong including an external sales team located coast to coast, as well as teams in credit adjudication, funding, inside sales, loan administration, customer service, collections and recovery, and our federated functions of risk management, technology solutions, finance & human resources. Our offices are located in Canada in Toronto, ON, Brossard, QC & Nanaimo, BC. Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, the candidate will be responsible for leading the daily management of the Prime automotive portfolio. This business line represents 75% of TDAF's overall portfolio and generates over $7Bn in annual acquisitions. This is a high-profile role covering a wide range of responsibilities and is geared towards highly motivated individuals. Responsibilities:
- Support TDAF Products, but with special focus on TDAF's Prime portfolio. This includes P&L management of TDAF's subvented OEM business (FCA, GM, Hyundai), the Small Business Vehicle Lending product, standard and variable rate products, and other strategic initiatives.
- Growing TDAF's business; including increasing shareholder value, market penetration, and enhancing the customer and employee experience.
- Responsible for product pricing and accountable for bottom line growth.
- Channel management with a core focus on both digital and indirect.
- Working closely with partners in sales and the dealer finance group to help grow dealer floorplan.
- Engaging OEM partners and developing strategies to expand relations.
- Work closely with partners in legal to renew or produce new contracts with 3rd parties - such as new OEM's.
- Identifying revenue and cost management opportunities; managing delivery of these initiatives from end-to-end.
- Strategic planning and creation of acquisition, retention, and digital strategies.
- Business casing and conducting post implementation reviews.
- Generate market insights and monitor the competitive landscape.
- Directing marketing initiatives and sales campaigns.
- Product management and participation in all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Managing monthly reporting and analysis to support the financial objectives of TDAF.
- Working in a cross functional team with Sales, Risk, Finance, TBSM etc.
- Post-secondary education; MBA or B.Com is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in Financial Services. Automotive lending experience is an asset.
- Financial professional designations are preferred: CPA, CFA.
- Previous experience in Product or Finance. A firm understanding of P&L management and customer experience is a requirement.
- Previous experience running projects; familiarity with project management and the product lifecycle.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to thoroughly investigate and make recommendations in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel. Advanced Excel skills would be an asset.
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal are essential; ability to develop and articulate strategic recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and ability to thrive in a high paced and dynamic work environment.
- Team player and willingness to take on a leadership and mentoring role.
- Self-starter and able to find answers and solutions with limited guidance.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.