Program Control Officer (PCO)
What is the opportunity?
As the Project Control Officer, you will support the Project Managers, Program Managers and Portfolio directors in the set-up and execution of financial planning and tracking processes and procedures for the Risk IT. You will help ensure that financial and best practice reporting, controls and project governance standards are maintained by all pillars in the department and that Project Management (PM) artifacts are produced. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have:
- Own the accurate reporting of Program financials ($23MM) in the enterprise reporting system; identify issues that require escalation to project/program/portfolio leadership
- Manage the monthly cost workbook and MIS forecasting cycle; maintain/draft/revise program/portfolio financial plans, collecting forecast/actual information from Project/Program Managers, identifying/carrying out variance analysis and running reports
- Engage in monthly portfolio-level financial, resource and schedule reporting for senior management; assist in preparing monthly Steering Committee and other senior management presentations
- Manage the tracking, reporting, maintenance and set-up of projects in various PM tools (e.g. Plan View [EPPM], EITS, MIS); coordinate the adoption and implementation of new processes to align with the enterprise business process and/or technology solution
- Store program/portfolio management documents in the project repository on SharePoint and the shared drive
- Draft specific components for inclusion within reports and discussion materials (e.g. tables, timeline summaries, financial reports)
- Schedule group meetings, Town halls arrange for special needs (e.g. projector) and distribute agendas and required materials
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and track user stories, epics via JIRA.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of RBC financial planning systems and processes within Technology & Operations (T&O)
- 2 -4 years of relevant experience in an equivalent role
- Strong financial skills (including the ability to manage budgets)
- Some working knowledge of Agile and SDLC delivery methodologies
- Strong organizational Skills required
What's in it for you?
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business or Accounting/Finance
- Knowledge related to project cost management, schedule management, status reporting, general administration and PM frameworks
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
155 Wellington St West Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
209945 Ad Code(s):