Programmer Analyst Advisory (Java)
Requisition ID: 62760
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
In this role you will be responsible for providing specialized technical contributions in analysis, design, development, and support of data management solutions for HR related applications. You will be expected to exhibit strong technical skills, be driven to self-manage and take project initiative, and efficiently interact with stakeholders and technical team.
We are looking for at least 5 years of progressive IT experience and strong technical capabilities. The individual must thrive on challenge, be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn. What we are looking for?
Reporting to BI and Analytics Manager, the individual will:
Are you the right person for the role?
- Take a leadership role within the development team, design technical solutions and promptly address issues.
- Participate in development of cost effective and robust solutions.
- Provide production technical support
- Participate in systems implementation, planning, and documentation development
- Provide technical guidance to other team members
- Apply agile development methodologies, and work within an agile environment
- Oversee a small development team, providing technical guidance and ensure development tasks are completed on time with quality
- Perform solution design reviews and code reviews for team
What's in it for you?
- 3+ years' experience with PL/SQL and RDBMS, Microsoft SQL (2014+) is preferred
- 4+ years of experience working with Java/J2EE. Java 8 experience preferred. Familiarity with multiple external Java frameworks is a plus (Spring, Struts, Log4J, etc) working on data transformation.
- 4+ years' experience using Linux or Unix, including related scripting, as well as standard encryption tools such as PGP.
- 3+ years' experience working with modern continuous deployment pipeline - TFS, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Experience with automated testing and code review tools is a strong plus
- Strong configuration skills, very comfortable working with complex data pipelines
- Familiarity with major transport protocols: FTP, SFTP and other SSH connectivity tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to see technical overview of system and impact analysis of changes to overall system.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Programmer, Bank, Banking, Technology, Finance