Programmer Analyst with Java and Python
Requisition ID: 84428
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are looking for a visionary team player to help, work collaboratively to and implement a substantial modernization program of the Banks's derivative Counterparty Credit Risk system.
The incumbent will have at least 5 years of progressive IT experience with strong technical capabilities and must thrive on challenge,
He or she must be proactive and dynamic and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn. Key Accountabilities:
Supports a team of IT professionals and is responsible for systems analysis, application software, programming, development, design and support
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Analyzing, designing, and developing applications
- You will apply your skills in software application testing, integration, and implementation
- Effectively communicate with peer developers/BAs, and also with users to analyse problems and provide professional service.
- Willing to take challenge, and facing highly complex, multi-faceted problems
- Participate in the module design and implementation process
- Provide business support to all units, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and user training, and designing and implementing systems enhancements.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Skills & Experiences:
- Prefer latest experience in Python, Django experience will be a great asset.
- Strong in other different development technologies (e.g. Python 3, Pytest, Java 7 and up, JUnit, MVC, RDBMS, NoSQL, Redis, RESTful API, Kafka)
- Expertise in troubleshooting and analyzing issues in Unix/Linux environment
- Systems & process knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) & Project Management
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment, and familiar with Agile development practice, i.e., Automated Testing, Test Driven Development, CI/CD
- Experienced with solution design/requirement analysis for mid-large size project
- Experience with latest automated build/integration/testing tools: e.g. Maven, Bamboo, Artifactory, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira
- Capital Market or Counterparty Credit Risk management working experience will be nice.
- Experience in Cloud or Grid computing will be a very valuable member to the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Java, Risk Management, Finance, Technology