- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 18
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaThe QA Actuary works closely with other actuaries and actuarial students, including actuarial programmers, and may also collaborate with our client support, system design and marketing professionals. At this level, the individual is seen as an expert in their field, working on testing the accuracy and robustness of the most complex new AXIS features that have a broad scope and implication over multiple modules. They may assist in other areas such as development of job specifications.
- Lead exploratory testing to ensure quality of projects.
- Provide feedback on client requirements from a technical perspective and provide time estimates for input into client quotes. Participates in meetings with clients and take responsibility for negotiating specifications.
- Testing various complex features and bug fixes in AXIS:
- Consult with programmers to determine a formal, documented testing plan to ensure the feature or fix is functioning as expected and matches approved specifications
- Liaise with client support specialists to ensure that testing plan for client jobs will meet client needs
- Perform & sign off prescribed testing of complex features in line with the release schedule
- May include developing job-specific data to be used for future testing by the QA team
- Analyze the results of tests of tests that you have performed and provide meaningful reports to the programming team
- Clarify, review and verify functional and non-functional requirements, ensure that specifications are complete, feasible, verifiable and actionable.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of testing tools and processes
- Contribute in other areas, such as developing job specification, development of technical user documentation such as help text, and/or becoming an internal expert who is consulted by others on specific areas of AXIS functionality
- Specialize, develop expertise and provide leadership in various areas of actuarial practice.
- Participate in or may lead Interest Groups and Working Groups
- May be required to train other individuals on the team.
- Other duties as assigned
GGY a Moody's Analytics Company is an actuarial software company located in Toronto, Ontario, devoted to developing, maintaining, and supporting GGY AXIS. This is an integrated, full-featured actuarial software product used in Canada, US and around the world.
- A degree in actuarial science
- FSA or equivalent actuarial designation(s)
- At least 10 years of experience in actuarial modeling work using AXIS in the life and health insurance industry, either at GGY or elsewhere
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for actuarial modeling work using actuarial software systems
- Strong analytical, technical and diagnostic skills
- Expert understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent record keeping (documentation) ability
- Able to "multi task", i.e. to balance multiple priorities to meet targets
- Good communications skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.