QE Automation Engineer
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a hands-on QE Automation Engineer with proven model testing expertise combined with exceptional business partnering skills to shape the quality of RBC's Client Data and Life Cycle Management within Reference Data. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- As a Quality Engineering Automation Engineer for the Client Data and Life Cycle Management, you will be involved in testing and automating the UI, Database, Messages and reports testing under the Reference Data Platform.
- Meet with business and technology leads to understand objectives and map out testing and automation requirements
- Manage the design, development of testing specifications, data analysis, and execution
- Support all test activities, enhance, develop and execute manual and automated test scripts, record and track software discrepancies and issues
- Facilitate resolution and communication across functional groups on issues and decisions
- Design, document, and implement test automation so there is broad functional test coverage
- Work with project stakeholders and developers to ensure that all aspects of the system have proper testing coverage and overall system reliability, performance and quality
- Ensure that all business domain knowledge and application test cases are articulated and structured well to enable swift execution by any other members of the QE team as required
- 3-5 years relevant experience using test automation tools (Robot Framework, Selenium, Micro-Focus LeanFT, Cucumber, etc) and ability to increase usage of automation to reduce testing manual lead times with a thorough understanding of continuous integration testing (including Agile methodology).
- 1-2 years of hands on programming experience using scripting languages like Python or OOP languages like Java/C#.
- Good understanding of REST API and ability to automate REST API testing.
- Ability to generate and develop test cases from requirements and technical specifications.
Nice to have:
What's in it for you?
- Deep understanding of advanced Excel connectivity functions (Pivots, VBA).
- Client Data and Life Cycle experience.
- CSC or Finance degree/background is a plus.
- Basic understanding of Capital Markets is a plus.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients