Quantitative Analyst I
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think \u0022TD\u0022 if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Model Validation group is a centralized model risk management function, critical to the effective measurement and management of risk across the TD Bank Group. Within the MV umbrella, the Retail model validation team is responsible for the independent validation and approval of analytical models used for measuring the risk exposure inherent in retail portfolio, as well as, models used for risk capital calculation of Retail products. Job Description Job Description
Main responsibilities include:
Requirements Skills/Knowledge Requirements
- Perform validation of all models deemed in-scope by the bank-wide model risk policy, used for adjudication and management of retail products (e.g. Scorecards), detecting fraud behaviors, marketing retail products, computing Economic and Regulatory Capital (e.g. Probability of Default, Exposure at Default, Loss Given Default), conducting stress testing (CCAR, EWST), or projecting Pre-Provision Net Revenue (PPNR) estimates, etc.
- Prepare detailed technical reports describing the modeling approach are conceptually sound, validation techniques employed, test results obtained, and any model limitations noted.
- Prepare Management summaries highlighting the outcome of the validation process for each model and outlining recommendations for approval or further improvements.
- Establish and maintain productive working relations with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Play a key role in ensuring the appropriate use of risk models. Identify the need to implement new models/techniques for risk management as industry standards evolve and regulatory requirements change.
- Research best practices and stay current of developments in risk management, and share knowledge with business partners and senior management.
Additional Information Inclusiveness
- Strong analytical/conceptual skills in economics/finance and financial products with an advanced degree in one or more of the following areas: statistics, economics, finance and mathematics.
- Solid background in statistics including regression and linear models, statistical tests, and performance metrics.
- Ability to think out of the box and effectively challenge the modelling choices.
- Proficient programming such as SAS/Python/R/SQL as well as Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge in retail banking products, customer behaviours, and credit adjudication systems is a definite asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work under pressure and manage project effectively and efficiently.
- Quick learner who grasps new concepts and techniques quickly.
- Must be a good team player.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview
process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.