Senior Analyst, Business Solutions, AML Risk
Requisition ID: 84008
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. *** This is a 1 year contract *** Purpose
The Senior Analyst, Business Solutions AML Risk will be responsible for supporting the implementation of initiatives on behalf of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) domain. The role will work very closely with key business partners, AML Technology, the Models & Analytics team and vendors as appropriate, to ensure successful delivery of objectives. Business Management Responsibilities:
- Work on multiple projects as a project team member and support the Managers, Business Solutions as required on a per project basis.
- Work closely with business partners to analyze the end to end process and ensure that requirements are clearly, accurately and thoroughly documented and understood. Develop Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), project plans and other artifacts as appropriate.
- Build and manage relationships with business and technology partners. Engage with users and partner with development to ensure system requirements are realized; assist with implementation, testing requirements and supporting Business As Usual (BAU).
- Identify opportunities for improvement and communicate those opportunities.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Support any requests for the development of audit and regulatory documentation which may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
This position requires the following knowledge:
Education / Experience
- High degree of writing skills;
- High degree of communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of project and process improvement methodologies;
- Thorough knowledge of bank processes;
- Working knowledge of the Bank's business units (including products);
- Working knowledge of Bank technology;
- Previous AML experience.
- Experience operating under multiple project delivery frameworks (Waterfall, Agile).
- Process improvement experience with an understanding of workflow analysis and design.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with business and IT resources.
- Previous Oracle Mantas Case Management experience preferred.
- Communication, choosing when and how to convey information and/or ideas concisely in ways that will be clearly understood. Listening to others.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in financial services, risk, regulatory and/or compliance.
- ACAMS Certification is an asset.
- Spanish not required but considered an asset.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in math, engineering, business or arts.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering