Senior Analyst, Risk Reporting
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Structured Market Risk Reporting, this Senior Analyst, Risk Reporting role provides value-added risk measurement methodologies and systems to support Corporate Treasury in the management of structural market risk within the Bank. This role will be engaged in maintaining risk models on a regular basis in order to provide up-to-date and accurate reports on risk measures.
Consults on analytical solutions to understand, analyze, and synthesize requirements, goals and objectives relative to data and business intelligence needs and to enable high-quality, fact-based business decisions to drive better business outcomes.
Provides advice on the configuration, functionality, applicability, and usability of data management, data analytics, and data visualization technology solutions. Supports the development of the strategy and roadmap for data quality and data analytics, data modeling, reporting, business intelligence, and the design and development of sophisticated decision support tools.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
• Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of new analytics & reporting solutions.
• Designs, develops, and implements innovative analytical solutions.
• Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
• Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide subject matter insights and recommendations.
• Structures and assembles data into multi-dimensions with various granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
• Monitors and tracks tool performance, user acceptance testing, and addresses any issues.
• Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
• Builds reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences e.g., visualization solutions of data into reports, graphics, dashboards to illustrate facts, trends, and insights.
• Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
• Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Analyzes data and information to provide subject-matter insights and recommendations.
• Develops tools and delivers training programs for use of reporting tools and self-serve analytics by non-analytical end users; may include delivery of training to audiences.
• Documents and maintain operational procedures and processes relating to analytical and reporting processes.
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
• Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
• Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
• Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed. Qualifications Qualifications:
• Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CPA, MBA (Finance), BA (Economics, Commerce), BSc (Math), CFA, or equivalent.
• Knowledgeable in Bank products and financial instruments - In-depth.
• Risk Management - In-depth.
• Knowledge and experience in data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, Matlab, SPSS - highly desirable.
• Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
• Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
• Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
• Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
• Influence skills - In-depth.
• Data driven decision making - In-depth. We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.