Senior Android Developer, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 73433
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
The Digital Factory is looking for a Senior Android Developer who has a strong passion for learning, pushing the limits of technology and enthusiastic about sharing their experiences. This developer will be working with our team of engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile experience at Scotiabank.
The primary focus will be the development of Android applications, their integration with back-end services and custom UI. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, attention to detail and creating quality products is essential. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will be working on progressive mobile development (conceptualization, design, and development) on the Android platform including Java, RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp, Dagger, Junit, Espresso
- You will be directing day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
- You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
- You will be providing hands-on architectural design for native Android applications with an understanding of design patterns such as MVP, MVVM
- You will be utilizing your deep knowledge of Agile technical principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
- You will be Unit-testing code for robustness, usability and improving performance of the overall application
- You will be building Android accessibility components to improve application usability,
What's in it for you?
- You have 5+ years of experience building native Android applications
- You have familiarity with building Android accessibility components to improve app usability
- You are interested in the impact that financial services technology can have on the world
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- You have cloud native development and deployment experience
- You are eager to mentor, teach and share
- You are obsessed with the latest, greatest, craziest approaches to Agile Technical Practices
- You are excited about committing a significant chunk of your daily activities to personal innovation projects with your peers
- You have a passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users
- You are an excellent communication including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
- You have e passion for well-designed products and you're not afraid to sit with our Design Team and prototype, wireframe and white board your ideas
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Medical, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Technology, Healthcare, Finance, Creative