Senior Business Analyst - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 75376
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
- The Sr. Business Analyst is the main liaison between the business stakeholders, the technology development teams in IT&S as well as our vendors, responsible for ensuring the business requirements and solution vision are clearly documented and developed to meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Manages and provides oversight for work within a project team, ensuring all assigned tasks are completed thoroughly, accurately and within assigned time frames.
- Provides support/guidance with testing requirements, implementation, and manages transitioning the change to a steady state maintenance function.
- Provide a very high level of professional service to customers (both internal and external) consistent with Scotiabank's core values.
- Ensure the end to end process is fully analyzed and documented which include all delivery channels, affected processing units and technologies
- Ensure that requirements are clearly, accurately and thoroughly documented and understood for both system changes and/or process changes and that there is value and consistency added to the user and customer experience. Experience must include both Waterfall and Agile.
- Assist in creation of Business Cases and cost/benefit analysis to ensure quantitative and qualitative benefits are achieved.
- Manage timely and accurate delivery of tasks for assigned projects through all stages of the project life cycle from concept to implementation. E.g., scope work effort, track task to a project plan, map process flows, document requirements/stories, liaise with Business,
- Development and Vendors, Test Validation/Defect mitigation, Communication plan execution, etc., ensuring that the Senior Manager and/or Project lead are kept informed of all unresolved issues, other areas of concern and any other deviations from plans through timely and well documented reporting.
- Activities include; cost/benefit analysis, data analysis, impact analysis, process analysis, preparing detailed documentation of requirements for systems/process changes, and preparation of instructions/training material for users.
- Ability to perform project management tasks including the creation and monitoring of project plans and tasks to drive the delivery of the project to successful implementation
- Manage work and tasks with Development and other stakeholders and ensures system requirements are realized.
- Develops, maintain and enhances relationships with management within service, product, development and delivery areas in the execution of projects.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills, including the ability to assume end-to-end ownership on behalf of the Product Owner during project execution, knowing when to assume responsibility for the related project deliverables, or seek approval.
- Strong verbal and business writing skills: with the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences and levels: - e.g. Channel management; developers and management; internal business clients, and external vendors.
- Skilled in the project lifecycle, its various methodologies and expected outputs.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- CBAP or other BA Certification
- Must have 3-5 years of experience with Charles River and Simcorp applications
- CSPO/PSPO; CSM/PSM; PMP
- University degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent degree designation
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience in a financial services industry, preferably back office environment
- Experience with back office systems (e.g. iFAST, AWD) and Fund Accounting applications (e.g. Mpower, NAVAlert, Simcorp, Charles River)
- Good working knowledge of MS Project, MS Office and MS Visio
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Developer, Computer Science, Finance, Technology