Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise Productivity
Requisition ID: 84283
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Business Analyst Enterprise Productivity (Information Technology & Solutions) contributes to the overall success of the Lean program globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The primary areas of focus are increased efficiencies, reduced costs, maximized revenues and ongoing risk mitigation while ensuring that enhancing the customer and business partner experience are at the centre of all decisions. The incumbent is a contributing Team member who will collaborate with other team members and partners in the diagnosis, design and implementation of process optimization, operating model and organizational redesign across Scotiabank's IT organization and related functions.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Partner with CIO areas to identify improvement opportunities across the Lean program's core components; Efficient Processes, Management Systems, Mindsets and Behaviors, Skills and Capabilities and Client Focus utilizing various tools and techniques, including, but not limited to:
o Time in Motion Analysis
o Demand, Flow and Capacity Analysis
o Key Performance Indicators
o Customer Demand Analysis (Voice of the Customer)
o Detailed Problem Solving
o Waste Analysis
• Analysis, mapping and re-engineering of business processes
• Develop hypotheses, synthesize findings, and communicate opportunities for improvement.
• Develop strategies and recommendations, including business benefits and costs, implementation and training strategies/plan.
• Design and prepare deliverables and presentations to communicate findings, solutions and results to senior executives
• Assist with all aspects of the diagnostic, design and implementation stages by working within cross functional teams.
• Facilitate training and workshops, provide consultation to the target IT and business groups in implementing process improvement initiatives.
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and clients.
• Manages personal development to ensure knowledge and skills related to lean/process improvement methodology are continually enhanced by:
o Researching best practices
o Taking courses designed around people, process and technology
o Building relationships with internal and external partners
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Certified in Lean Six Sigma and/or PMP is an asset
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving and project management skills
• Work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
• Understanding of IT services, operating models, application development lifecycle is an asset
• Knowledge in the following would be an asset: Agile, Smart Automation, ITIL, Change ManagementHighly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Post-secondary degree in business, information technology or related discipline
• Masters/MBA or graduate/professional designation such as CFA/CA is considered an asset
• Experience in technology/management consulting or a related function in industry is an asset
• Spanish is an asset
• 3+ years of relevant experience, including cost reduction/productivity improvement expertise
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Developer, Bank, Banking, Law, Finance, Technology, Legal