Senior Cloud Engineer
What is the opportunity?
As the Senior Cloud Engineer, you will lead and participate in cloud development on assigned programs/projects to ensure program/project strategic goals or objectives are accomplished within approved time frames, scope and budget. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Develop new or significant changes to application initiatives/processes
- Provide engineering guidance to development team
- Responsible for the integration of technology solutions.
- Facilitate schedule and cost forecasting and mentor developers in determining risk based Solutions
- Seek out industry trends and organization knowledge to understand alternative approaches / solutions
- Promote innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implement best practices
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated leadership ability
- Java development background
- Experience working in a SAFe, DevOps and or Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience with Git
- Experience creating and manipulating YAML files
- Experience with API and Micro Service Development (esp. using SpringBoot)
- Cloud development (esp. Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Red Hat OpenShift)
What's in it for you?
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Camel
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with IBM MQ
- Experience with Dynatrace
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
CLB http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at http://www.rbc.com/careers/index.html rbc.com/careers. JOB SUMMARY City:
180 Wellington St W Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Technology and Operations Req ID:
212898 Ad Code(s):