Senior Developer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 70394
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video
Position: Staff Software Engineer, Accelerator Core, Plato Engineering - DevOps Engineering, Information Technology & Solutions Purpose
Drive the digital transformation and advance the velocity of innovation globally across Scotiabank in the Platform Organization. The Platform Organization of Scotiabank is at the forefront of technology and innovation within the bank. Tasked with enabling the use of bank-safe modern infrastructure, tools, and methodologies, the Platform Organization is the engine of modernization for the bank. To deliver on this vision, the group maintains the culture of a modern technology company and cultivates a high degree of engineering discipline.
Reporting to the Director, Accelerator Core within DevOps Engineering, the successful candidate will be a lead contributor to Accelerator Core. Accelerator Core is a set of Scotiabank-built web services and pipelines that enable standardized Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery at Scotiabank.
Contributes to the overall success of the DevOps Engineering department ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Defining and implementing the above cloud-based solutions in line with industry best practices and enterprise architecture guidelines
- Supporting Accelerator end users in troubleshooting service issues in their test and/or production environments. With the aim to identify root causes and solutions to the immediate issue and underlying issue.
- Working closely with technical leads and client teams to fully demonstrate the benefits of cloud technology, DevOps, and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and partners within Scotiabank to build alignment at all levels
- Contribute to strategic vision and manage roadmap and forecasting
- Promote DevOps and Agile mindsets throughout the bank
- Follows Bank and DevOps Engineering change control procedures.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Reporting Relationships (Job Titles only) Primary Manager: (include secondary Manager if applicable)
- Director, Accelerator Core
- Supports application teams across Scotiabank, including all business lines and digital factory, across the globe - primarily in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Colombia, and Chile
- Assist the Director in finding most cost effective solutions in order to stay within operating and project budgets
- Supports a high number of application teams
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership of small to medium sized technical teams
- Experience in design and architecting large-scale, secure, and high availability solutions in Google Cloud Platform and On-Premises environments
- Basic understanding of security principals and other associated cloud controls
- Some experience working with deployment automation configuration management technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies, processes and tools, such as Jenkins, Google Cloud Build, Azure DevOps etc
- Technical writing, ability to prepare technical material to a variety of audiences
- Experience in working in and with Agile delivery teams and product development
- Continuous process improvement, including relationship management and infrastructure teams
- Financial services background is an asset
- Database experience with MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other is an asset
- UI/UX experience is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- Work in an open office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Moderate travel locally, limited travel globally.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Law, Product Development, Engineer, Information Technology, Technology, Legal, Research, Engineering