Senior Digital Solution Architect (Marketing & Sales)
RBC is a digitally-enabled relationship bank. We strive to engage our customers when, how and where it's most convenient and to provide a highly-personalized experience. We also collaborate broadly with innovative business and technology partners to create a platform and ecosystem that can bring even more value to our customers. We care deeply about the success of our customers and communities.
We're looking for an experienced solution architect who is passionate about our mission to join the RBC Digital team. We want vocal futurists that can advocate their vision, who will be excited about creative problem-solving as part of a cross-functional team with customer focus and will tirelessly strive for the best end-user experience and will have the drive and desire to keep learning the latest architecture developments and standards / techniques.
RBC believes in building diverse teams. We actively try to bring together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage collaboration with internal partners and team members to achieve a collective result. We want our team members to think big and simplify things that are complicated. We have a great mix of senior and junior architects which gives everyone a chance through teamwork and mentorship to build their knowledge and experience.
We are also looking for a Senior Solution Architect who is a proven collaborator and effective communicator. The Senior Solution Architect is not a hands-on coder but we are looking for people with recent practical development and delivery experience in addition to a strong foundation in software architecture. This role involves extensive collaborative work with the broader bank architecture team, with business and delivery partners, and with vendors. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must have:
- Deliver sound and efficient solution architectures for projects in the digital marketing and sales domain
- Work across the bank and with vendor partners to develop efficient integration architectures
- Provide thought leadership on technology and architecture
- Serve as a trusted advisor to digital marketing and sales technology and business leaders
Nice to have:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g. EE, physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of software architecture experience.
- Experience in industries relating to finance, preferably in a bank or other financial institution ecommerce and consulting executing complex IT projects, as an architect or other technical leader.
- Experience delivering projects using modern architectures for both web and mobile applications.
- Experience with the Salesforce Sales and Marketing platforms and Google Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Google Measurement Protocol, Google Optimize and Google Advertising Platforms
- Knowledge of web and mobile application architecture, microservice architecture and data architecture spanning conventional relational database systems, NOSQL database and data repositories and pipelines for analytics.
- Hands on experience as a web developer, including experience with DevOps practices.
- Creative problem solver that can develop a plan, take ownership of tasks, and are outcome focused
- Proven technical mentor and are keen to coach others and share ideas with your team
- Working knowledge of financial, investment and concepts and applications.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in large, cross-functional teams
What's in it for you?
- Experience working as a senior solution architect in a bank or other financial institution
- Business or product leadership experience
- Experience delivering solutions on a modern cloud platform such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications in production.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
DIG http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs