Senior Director, Decision Management
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
You'll join our Strategy & Transformation team reporting to the VP, Clients Journeys and Products Analytics. As a Senior Director, Decision Management, you'll be accountable for enabling the Personal and Business Banking (P&BB) team in making optimal & differentiated business decisions that are aligned to its strategic objectives and priorities. You'll be responsible for leading a team of analytical experts that will leverage the latest analytical tools and our banks vast data to create differentiated analytical assets for our bank. These analytical assets will help create long term sustainable strategic differentiation between our bank and the competition. How You'll Succeed Decision Management & Science
Personalized Client Insights & Recommendations
- Develop and execute on a strategy on how to best leverage decision management tools and decision science capabilities in Personal and Business Banking
- Lead a team with strong analytical skills that who can build models & tools that can help optimize client level decisions on pricing, yield management, portfolio management, client acquisition, engagement and attrition.
- Champion the need to capture and store data in the bank that increases our ability to gain deeper insights by leveraging both internal and open data sources. Clearly articulate of our data acquisition strategy and then execute on the strategy.
- Work with external partners and vendors to enhance and augment our decision management capabilities, while ensuring our strategic assets remain protected.
- Over time create and grow a pool of strategic analytical assets /decision engines that create sustained competitive advantage for the bank.
Decisioning Engines / Environments
- Develop the ability within Personal and Business Banking to treat every client individually and at scale. This will require developing a deep understanding of the client journeys and creating recommended actions for the prescribed journeys.
- Develop capabilities to predict and prescribe actions on client journeys that would lead to favorable outcomes for our clients and by association our bank.
- Work with partners in marketing & digital to operationalize client journeys and increase our ability to action on our client needs sooner and if possible in real time.
Thought Leadership / Consulting
- In working with Technology and other external partners create a world class analytical environment enabled with the latest tools and decision libraries. This will be the foundation for creating and operationalizing our strategic analytical assets.
- Build a real time decision engine that can action on client activities and provide real time solutions by leveraging decision tools that are built in the analytical environment.
- Build a repository of ready made decision tools that can be used by the bank. These tools have been vetted for security and performance. These tools will help accelerate our development journey and efficiency.
- Ensure that the decision engine and environment is in compliance with all of banks policies and standards. Build checks in place to ensure that decision made have controls in place to protect the bank.
- Be a thought leader both internally and externally on how analytics can be leveraged to better serve our clients and make better / faster decisions.
- Provide advice and consulting to business leader in Personal and Business Banking on how to make data driven decisions and what they can do to enable data driven decisions.
- Participate and contribute in external forums so as to establish CIBC as a leader in the analytics space with a goal to attract talent.
- Set appropriate context when assigning work to ensure that individuals' roles support the achievement of the business unit's priorities and CIBC's overall goals
What We're Looking For
- Build team and individual capabilities by providing development opportunities such as job shadowing, special projects, and training
- Manage performance by providing fair and accurate formal and informal feedback, identifying and removing obstacles to performance and by explaining how performance expectations align with business priorities
- Create a positive work environment and being an effective role model by championing CIBC's mission, vision and values
- Ensure compliance with policies, standards, guidelines and controls by applying the policies and controls fairly and consistently so employees understand what to expect
- Hire the right people in the right jobs to align individual capabilities with job requirements and business unit goals
Who You Are
- Well-developed leadership skills with proven ability to lead in a fast paced, ambiguous, multi-dimensional matrix environment and to effectively manage multiple activities with varying complexity while under tight time frames
- Comprehensive knowledge of CIBC retail businesses and financial services to enable insightful analysis and interpretation of performance and emerging trends
- Ability to consider and analyze multiple business options as they relate to achieving business objectives within environmental and organizational constraints. Ability to think and analyze strategically and conceptualize ideas in a creative manner
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision making skills with demonstrated ability to act with incomplete information and under tight deadlines. Must have the flexibility and creativity required to be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Well-developed communication skills - Written and verbal skills to convey technical information in understandable terms as well as convey thoughts and ideas clearly and in a compelling influential manner
- Ability to manage relationships between various areas of the business and to influence stakeholders from varied backgrounds, with differing priorities and over which one does not have direct authority
- Sophisticated analytics knowledge/experience and ability to interpret complex quantitative information to draw meaningful conclusions
- Proven track record of increasing the overall effectiveness and development of individuals for long term organization and individual success
- Post Graduate designation (Master's / PhD) in an analytical field
What CIBC Offers
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You are a bold and accountable leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
Job posting expiry date
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
: July 10, 2020 What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-33 Yonge Street, 7th Employment Type
Regular Weekly Hours