Senior Infrastructure Solutions Engineer (Architecture & Design)
Requisition ID: 80634
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The team
Solutions Engineering within Solutions Integration and Delivery (SI&D) is a global client driven I.T. solutions team which understands our client's infrastructure requirements and design integrated end to end solutions, in conjunction with the I.T. applications development teams. SI&D is the integration team within Global Technology Services which is the I.T. infrastructure and operations organization. We are the senior technology team who draw from teams across GTS to design and provide optimal infrastructure solutions. The role
You will lead a team of Solutions Engineers in the engineering and design of all infrastructure systems that support and align with client driven I.T. solutions. You will primarily support Canadian Banking, Wealth, and Capital Markets teams in Canada. In addition, you are also responsible to develop and foster working relationships and alignment with Solutions Engineering teams in Scotiabank's Mexico and Latin America division within Global Technology Services. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You want to be leading consulting and design efforts on complex I.T. infrastructure solutions, working with other technology teams to contribute to an overall solution.
- You want to provide leadership to your team to ensure the solutions can provide highly resilient and available services to Scotiabank's customers.
- You will provide technical advice and recommendations to senior management by understanding how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You want to provide post-project production support for critical systems by acting as an internal consultant on assigned infrastructure and providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity. Your team will bring to bear senior technology skills and experience to understand what improvements are required to avoid disruptions in the future.
- You want to foster technical vitality through mentoring and coaching others within assigned area and transferring subject matter expertise to other IT practitioners where appropriate.
- You are passionately curious about promising, emerging technology and continuously seek to understand how the Bank can adopt and exploit new technology for strategic advantage.
What's in it for you?
- You have at least 15+ years of technical working experience in the participation of engineering & design of an enterprise scale infrastructure system.
- You possess the technical and managerial depth, plus breadth to oversee the solutioning, provisioning and new technology delivery across diverse technologies such as Windows, UNIX (including Linux, AIX, and Solaris), IBM mainframe systems, IBM iSeries (AS/400), middleware, and database technologies.
- You possess an expert understanding of emerging technologies, operational best practices, and technical architecture pertaining to Scotiabank's global Infrastructure.
- You will need to exercise the ability to influence staff and senior management; as well as promote a high level of understanding and acceptance of the risks, issues and practices of outsourcing and cloud-based services, in addition to traditional in-sourced datacentre systems in a rapidly evolving, competitive world.
- You possess superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues; plus the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- You have strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
- You have a post-secondary education in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field.
- While our focus is on finding someone to strengthen our team's senior technical bench on leading I.T. infrastructure design and deployment, we're part of a global team with a mandate covering the entire infrastructure environment. As a team we have the opportunity to explore and work with an extensive variety of infrastructure technologies operating in in-sourced and outsourced data centres, as well as private and public cloud environments.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our customers and employees around the world work.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- Located in downtown Toronto, the work site is located near TTC's Line 1 King subway station. This location has access to The PATH & is located minutes from GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station; as well as the TTC's King 504 streetcar line.
- Minutes from the Gardiner Expressway & the DVP.
- Located nearby is The Commons, a dining space for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks. Also many food court & restaurant options in The PATH without venturing outside.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Solution Architect, Medical, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Technology, Healthcare, Finance