Senior Manager, Collections Strategy and Data Scientist - Contract
Requisition ID: 73557
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job
GRM Retail Credit Risk Collections is leader in developing innovative solutions impacting Bank's profitability. This is accomplished through the use of advanced analytics, collections efficiency and disciplined risk governance.
You, as a Manager Collections Analytics, contribute to the success of the Collections function by defining, implementing and tracking best-in-class collections practices, consistent process execution, and oversight. You are a rigorous logical thinker, curious, flexible and have great teamwork abilities. Your background and experience is at the intersection of math/stats, computer science, communication, and domain knowledge in Retail Risk Management.
You have proven experience proposing, driving and deploying profitable innovative initiatives supported by your strong background in advanced analytics. In this position, you will collaborate with risk, product, operations and IT teams to generate benefits impacting provisions.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to make a direct impact to Bank's profitability
- A compensation program with competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance incentives based on performance thresholds, a competitive benefits program and continuing education programs
- This an 18m contract opportunity to directly influence and impact change in risk management
Leverage your strong analytical background in order to collaborate with various business partners to:
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- Manage collections analytics, performance monitoring and strategy evaluation routines
- Lead the gathering and processing of structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis (for instance writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.)
- Deliver on analytical projects that provide actionable insights to improve collection efforts and recoveries
- Develop statistical segmentations to forecast customer payment behaviour
- Design and implement policies to help our customers in need of loan modification programs
- Recommend improvements to outsourcing strategies
- Provide oversight of collection efforts by developing performance reports and early warning triggers
Education and Other Requirements
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and strong background in statistical and quantitative analysis
- Solid SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Sybase, PYTHON) and using statistical software such as R or SAS
- Experience manipulating large and complex databases; ability to clean, transform and work with large volumes of structured and unstructured non-traditional data and with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files)
- Experience with TRIAD or similar collections risk platforms strongly desired
- Experience with big data tools and programming languages such as Hive, R, Python, Spark and with NoSQL databases (Hbase as an example) would be an asset
- Experience with machine learning and other AI techniques for strategy design would be an asset
- Results driven individual with high level of curiosity and ability to dive into details without loosing sight of the big picture
- Exceptional organization skills to prioritize, manage, and implement a variety of competing initiatives, on a concurrent or staggered basis
- A Master's degree in Economics, Finance, Industrial Engineer, Mathematics, Computer science, or Information technology related discipline
- 6 years of experience in retail credit risk management
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Scientist, Scientific, Data Management, Developer, Technology, Science, Engineering, Data