Senior Manager Credit Risk Strategy and Portfolio Management
Requisition ID: 77470
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job:
The mandate of this role is to lead the development of credit risk strategies, policies and procedures across the customer lifecycle management for Credit Cards and Unsecured Line of Credit in order to optimize risk/return for Canadian Banking in Global Risk Management.
The Senior Manager will manage account management strategies across the customer lifecycle and provide appropriate reporting and analysis. This position will:
- Drive continuous improvement in line management and authorization strategies effectiveness with focus on optimization of risk/returns, by leveraging Champion / Challenger capabilities wherever possible to confirm assumptions and justify changes.
- Lead strategy management and related initiatives by collaborating with cross functional teams and engaging stakeholders through influencing/relationship management skills.
- Provide subject matter expertise in quantitative methodology, risk strategy development & maintenance and adaptive software.
- Customer Management Strategies
- Develop line management and authorization strategies through customer lifecycle, to drive incremental balance and risk adjusted revenue to support the business objectives for the portfolio.
- Leverage champion/challenger capabilities and incorporate non-traditional data and innovation for continuous improvements to existing strategies.
- Manage all off-line credit line management campaigns and channel management, using customer risk analytics to optimize returns, within risk appetite, from the end to end customer journey.
- Identify opportunities for better management of existing customer lifecycle strategies and processes, through ongoing tracking of performance of existing strategies.
- Portfolio Monitoring
- Monitor, assess and evaluate champion / challenger risk strategies impacting the portfolio. Through various dimensions of analysis, work closely with business partners to develop actionable tactical recommendations to enhance program effectiveness and profitability.
- Evaluate the performance on a monthly basis of line management and authorization strategies and liaise with business partners to assess current/emerging trends and impact to portfolio.
- Recommend changes to unsecured portfolio risk strategies to ensure the Bank does not take on more credit risk than planned; including a forward-looking assessment to ensure it is within risk appetite.
- Support Business Line Initiatives/Projects
- Work with product partners to ensure account management strategies are developed using best practices including decision science and strategies follow divisional minimum standards.
- Work with business line partners to ensure business strategies across customer lifecycle management are consistent with the Risk Appetite Framework.
- Team leadership
- Manage and support the team in coaching and providing guidance in the areas of quantitative methodology and line management and authorization strategies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, statistics, economics or finance
- A minimum of four to six years in the risk/portfolio management field with proven track record of success in driving development and implementation of risk strategies or models in the financial sector
- In-depth knowledge and experience in designing strategies for credit line management and their respective account management systems such as TRIAD
- Strong project management skills to prioritize, manage and implement a variety of competing initiatives
- Strong communication and relationship management skills complemented with solid problem solving skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the use of SAS/Enterprise Miner or similar statistical software including the ability to apply advanced statistical techniques
- Experience in collecting and analyzing large data to develop line management and authorization strategies and maximize the trade-off between loan losses, balance growth and revenue
- Prior experience in a retail lending environment or credit risk management is preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Credit, Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Manager, Finance, Management