Senior Manager, Data Engineering - Machine Learning, Global Risk Management
Requisition ID: 77249
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Senior Manager, Data Engineering - Machine Learning
As the Senior Manager, Data Engineering - Machine Learning
you will deliver and maintain large-scale data infrastructure projects to support the creation and implementation of bank customer risk models What will you do in this role?
What we're looking for?
- Co-design and implement data mart to ensure the timely, accurate execution of retail customer models
- Co-design and implement solutions to maximize speed of development for retail customer models
- Validate large data sets for completeness, accuracy, consistency and timeliness
- Document data solutions. This includes but is not limited to: data dictionaries, data flow diagrams, PowerPoint presentations
What's in it for you?
- Undergraduate or higher level degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or other STEM discipline
- Demonstrated experience implementing data solutions with big-data technologies with Spark is required
- Demonstrated experience with programming with Python at a proficient level is required
- Demonstrated experience working with enterprise-level data
- Working knowledge of Linux and cloud architecture
- Ability to work tight deadlines and contribute to evolving designs to suit client requirements
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team, as required
- Experience working with Python API frameworks like Flask is an asset
- External certification related to data development, data science or data engineering is an asset
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket is an asset
This position is located on King St W, Toronto
- The opportunity to gain real-world experience in implementing large projects related to data engineering, machine learning and real-time API's
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing a multiple of exciting and forward thinking initiatives from the ground up!
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, Risk Management, Training, Data Management, Manager, Technology, Education, Finance, Data, Management