Senior Manager, Financial Crimes Unit Integration and Engagement Developer
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud and Physical Security capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO's ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21 st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities. Mandate:
The Senior Manager, Financial Crimes Unit Integration and Engagement developer leads initiatives to develop and build technology to support internal and external security awareness and advocacy. This includes developing video wall technology and hacking demonstrations, as well as, representing BMO through presentations, site visits, and educational programs to demonstrate BMO's leadership in Financial Crimes and Crisis Management. This role helps mature customer, employee, business partner, investor and regulatory confidence in BMO's security competency and preparedness, leveraging this as a competitive business advantage.
The candidate will also work with FCU resources and broader BMO teams globally to enhance security awareness and promote BMO's capabilities. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and improve on Fusion Centre technology.
- Build and present hacking demos to be used for cyber awareness.
- Ensure readiness of the Fusion Centre to operationally address threats across functions and business lines, ensuring crisis management standards, protocols and best practices are trained for and executed across the FCU and stakeholders across the Bank.
- Provide escalation and coordination of BMO resources to help resolve emergencies involving fraud, physical and cyber security, and other incidents deemed within scope of the program.
- Liaising with external partners to build greater security related situational awareness for the FCU and its partners.
- Training BMO employees to become local "security ambassadors" within their communities as a good will, public service that generates competitive advantage in core BMO business markets. Includes global scope.
- Provide managerial leadership to employees, including managing tasks and work, holding regular two-way meetings, setting context, mentoring, identifying training, and coaching in order to create and maintain a high-performing team.
- Establish and maintain a culture and work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates people with the appropriate level of technical expertise to provide advisory services to the Bank.
- BS/BA degree; MS/MA preferred. Degree in business, accounting, political science, economics, international studies, or similar fields preferred, although proven work experience in these fields is qualifying with another degree.
- 10 or more years of experience within cybersecurity strategy, coordination and relationship building.
- A proven track record of leadership in demanding situations.
- Fundamental understanding of cybersecurity coordination within a cybersecurity organization. SOC/Fusion Center experience is a plus.
- Proven presentation skills to leaders such as Board Members, CEO's, Executive Committees, Operating Committees, and other business leaders as well as senior governmental officials.
- Strong knowledge of the type of threats that could impact the Bank is critical. Ideal candidate should understand:
- Cyber threats (Mitre Attack Framework, Lockheed Martin Kill Chain, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Incident Response, Cyber Investigations, Cyber threat actor methodologies to include APTs)
- Physical security threats (geopolitical driven threats, terrorism, travel safety, workplace violence issues, activism)
- Fraud threats (fraud threat actor methodologies, fraud controls, cyber enabled fraud attack methodologies)
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Must be a poised team player and confident leader who can instill confidence and gain support from all levels of the organization, including senior executives.
- Strong analytical and situational awareness skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management to include senior leaders.
- Ability to work effectively within cross-functional and cross-business teams.
- Experience with APIs and json
- Video Wall Dashboard development
- Ability to deliver accurately and timely
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Effective communication & presentation skills; comfort with senior executives
- Able to work in a continuously changing environment while contributing to long term success of the businesses
- High integrity, self-confidence and professionalism. A driven, proactive individual
- Strong demonstrated analytical ability
- Excellent judgment and decision-making
- High degree of demonstrated conceptual/strategic thinking
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.