Senior Manager, IT Risk Advisory
Requisition ID: 79207
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The team
GTS (Global Technology Services) IT Risk Advisory team plays an important role in the Bank's Risk Governance Framework, providing First Line of Defense for GTS and the Bank for all technology risk domains, including Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Software Currency, Disaster and Backup Recovery, Third Party Management, and Audit and Regulatory issue remediation. There are many exciting opportunities to grow in the areas of risk management, business technology development and work with many cross-functional teams within the Bank. The role:
You support the Director, IT Risk Advisor in achieving GTS's top priorities of Availability and Risk by collaboratively assessing, analyzing and quantifying IT risk, designing controls and assisting in their implementation. It is part of a strategic and comprehensive IT Risk Management cross-functional organization, ensures control implementation in accordance with regulatory expectations, risk appetite, organizational risk practices and evolving business practices.
The primary work location of this position will be in the King West/Bathurst Street neighbourhood, with regular travel to the downtown Toronto core and our Scarborough IT campus. Alternate work location could be at our Scarborough campus with regular travel to our King West and downtown locations. Regardless of work location, you will be working with colleagues and constituents across the Scotiabank footprint. Collaboration technologies such as Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Skype for Business will be at your disposal to connect with Scotiabankers around the globe. There may be occasional travel required to Scotiabank IT centres outside of Canada (Mexico, Peru, Chile and Colombia). Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will work with the Director to identify, assess, prioritize and report on material IT risks for GTS and its peer technology (CIO) areas. This will require working with IT Risk Owners under various VP/leadership teams.
- You will conduct detailed IT risk assessments and ensure that IT risk assessments and outputs are recorded in enterprise tools and are in full compliance of defined policies and common standards, including the IT Risk Management Policy and Framework.
- You will identify pervasive IT risk issues or issues that are common across the landscape and help implement preventative controls across IT&S (Information Technology & Solutions).
- You will continuously identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and enhancements of risk identification and management policies and processes.
- You will partner with other risk groups to assess, implement and communicate new/updated risk controls, frameworks, policies, risk indicators, metrics and limits.
- You will appropriately challenge the design and implementation of Risk Owner initiatives and collaborate in the design of risk controls and the mitigation of key risk issues and control gaps.
- You will have opportunities to lead cross-functional teams of IT professionals to support GTS priorities in various risk domains, drive delivery of various risk related initiatives, and provide coaching and guidance to develop team members and ensure team effectiveness and results.
What's in it for you?
- You have solid communication (verbal/written) skills in English. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You possess at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in either a risk management functional role, or as a control function, with working knowledge in regulatory, legislative and industry requirements governing the management of technology systems and information (PIPIEDA, OSFI, PCI-DSS, COBIT, NIST, etc...).
- You have at least 2 year of experience either working in IT operations environment, or in a governance function related to IT infrastructure.
- Your past achievements have demonstrated a strong ability to leverage collaboration and strategic influencing to achieve results, through successful leverage of tools such as Microsoft Teams, JIRA and ServiceNow to manage collaborative workflow.
- Throughout your career, you have demonstrated good ability to balance competing or conflicting goals with a good sense of urgency.
- You have leveraged your data analytics, visual dash-boarding (PowerBI/Tableau) and presentation preparation skills to effectively communicate issues and to support your risk findings.
- You possess or are in active pursuit of risk-related certifications such as: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC) are desirable.
- We provide an excellent opportunity to lead initiatives with risk and IT professionals across Scotiabank's global footprint to Keep the Bank Safe and Amplify results.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
King West/Bathurst worksite:
- Location is located steps from TTC's King 504 streetcar stop, which gets you from TTC's Line 1 subway stops at King or St. Andrew stations, and its connection to GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station.
- This location is also located steps from TTC's 511 Bathurst streetcar stop, which is a transfer point from TTC's Line 2 subway stop at Bathurst station.
- If you really want to drive to work, it's minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway / Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- You have card access to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Our location has a lunch room with TV screens, fridges, microwaves & vending machines. It's also in a dynamic & flourishing neighbourhood that is home to many nearby top Toronto restaurants/bars & fast-food options. Nearby amenities include a running club, florist, pharmacy, convenience stores, supermarket, LCBO, coffee shops.
Birchmount Road/Eglinton East worksite:
- This location is freshly renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology. Onsite cafeteria plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. Sept. 2021 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit. Birchmount is a stop on this route.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Medical, Bank, Banking, Pharmacy, Finance, Healthcare