Senior Manager, Payment Scanning Solutions, AML Risk
Requisition ID: 73784
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Global Sanctions Screening Solutions team is a risk management function responsible for the governance of sanctions screening solutions globally, enterprise-wide. The team leads and oversees Global Sanctions Program's screening solutions management functions, ensuring tuning methodology, rules governance framework, and screening standards are developed, managed, executed, and maintained in compliance with governing regulations, internal bank-wide policies and procedures. Key Accountabilites:
Support the sanctions screening solutions management function globally, enterprise-wide:
- Create and/or maintain framework documents, including tuning methodology, rules governance framework, screening standards, and other documentations involving sanctions screening systems and processes
- Develop a tracking mechanism for documentations owned by Global Sanctions Screening Solutions team, and facilitate periodic updates and approvals to the documentations
- Develop deep understanding and subject matter expertise of sanctions screening systems, system capabilities, and relevant processes, as well as product knowledge for payments and trade finance transactions
- Develop and/or contribute to business requirements for sanctions screening solutions for payments and trade finance transactions
- Develop and maintain an issues log and track issues to closure for each of the sanctions screening systems
- Liaise and provide support to the Model Validation team to ensure the success of the annual model validation efforts for sanctions screening systems
- Liaise and provide input to the Models & Analytics team to ensure the success of the analytics/reporting and tuning efforts for sanctions screening systems
- Facilitate the testing and management reporting on the efficacy and efficiency of the systems
- Lead and/or provide support to the efforts of operationalizing Risk Tolerance Frameworks for sanctions screening systems and process; support ongoing tuning effort to review and opine on tuning recommendations, business rules, fuzzy logic exceptions, and etc., and facilitate the documentation and approval process
- Consider risk based approach in decision-making process and support risk based approach culture throughout the Global Sanctions Program
- Lead and/or contribute to the preparation of regulatory examination or internal audit engagements in a timely manner
- Support the management of Sanctions Risk Appetite Framework; develops a deep understanding of the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
People and Culture:
- Lead and drive a customer focused culture and deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Build a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that will attract, retain, develop and motivate their team and colleagues by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team and colleagues.
- Create and foster an environment in which his/her team and colleagues pursue effective and efficient operations, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in business, law, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years in compliance or governance functions in the financial services sector.
- Experience in trade finance is required
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements with respect to sanctions.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, project management, documentation and planning skills.
- Ability to set policies and guidelines.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Access, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of business, products, operations, systems, and organization for financial services sector.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Developer, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering