Senior Portfolio Management Officer
Requisition ID: 82465
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Senior Portfolio Management Officer
The incumbent is responsible for overseeing all aspects of portfolio management for Leases and Conditional Sales Contracts from date of booking through to expiry of the contracts. The incumbent is required to provide customer service to Commercial Branches, Business Services Centres, Special Accounts Units, Small Business, Corporate Banking, and other Scotia Leasing clients in a manner consistent with Scotia Service Standards and the Bank's Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures.
At all times he/she is to maintain full awareness of, and comply with Scotia Service Standards, Scotia Compliance Regulations, and the Bank's Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures. Bilingual English/French is required for this position.
Accountabilities: 1. Portfolio Management: R esponsible for managing all transactional change requirements in the portfolio
2. Customer Service: R esponsible for providing extraordinary customer service to Scotia Leasing customers & Branches.
- Interpret customer queries to determine appropriate solutions.
- Re-structuring transactions, including the negotiating of appropriate repayment terms, preparation of amortization schedules, and verification of credit authorizations.
- Preparation of documentation for all Lease/CSC mid-term and end of lease adjustments.
- Supports, guides and educates the Branch/BSC personnel with their roles and responsibilities around the administration of the Scotia Leasing portfolio, include the handling of reports and problem accounts.
- Follow procedures for Lease transfers, Name Changes, Substitutions, ABC Options, Early terminations, Amendment Agreements, Extension Agreements, and Conversion Agreements, etc.
- Monitors delinquent accounts and follows with Branch/BSC, External personnel or Special Accounts Units for collections of payments.
- Reviews and implements all procedures as documented in the appropriate vendor/third party relationship programs
- Analyses lease documentation to determine credit requirement for mid-term adjustments.
- Issues payout calculations for internal and external customers.
- Provides bank confirmations and balance inquiries to internal and external customers.
- Liaises with Legal Counsel to obtain legal opinions on a wide variety of complex and unique situations.
- Processes the Options Due Report and follows for receipt of payment or renewal of second rent period.
- Prepares purchase option letters and liaises with Branch/BSC on receipt of payment.
3. Non-Standard Transactions: Responsible for the portfolio management and customer service on all large complex Corporate accounts, Vendor, Assignment & special arrangements.
- Handles all inquiries (phone, e-mail, fax, internal) in the leasing portfolio including purchase options due, end of contract terms, sale of equipment, insurance requirements, documentation terms and conditions.
- Analyses customer situations and interprets the Scotia Leasing Manual for Branch/BSC staff in order to determine and negotiate the most appropriate resolution.
- Recommends changes to policies and procedures in order to provide quality customer service and maintain Scotia Service standards.
4. C ontributes to the Operational and General Administration of the department:
- Analyzing requests and liaise with subject matter experts to determine course of action.
- Vetting contracts to obtain a solid understanding of the structure of the programs/transactions.
- Reviewing documentation and involving legal, as required.
- Ensures credit requirements, policies and procedures have been met.
- Structuring and finalizing applicable documentation subject to management approval..
- Exercising sound analytical skills and prudent judgement when negotiating mid term adjustments/problem accounts with Customers, Relationship Managers, Scotia Leasing staff and BSC's.
- Ensure the Bank's risk profile is mitigated by adhering to and ensuring team members' compliance with Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, Privacy and Occupational Health & Safety requirements, Guidelines for Business Conduct, Scotiabank Group Reputational Risk and Internet & Electronic Mail Code of Conduct requirements, processes and guidelines.
- Updates both the Scotia Leasing Policy and Procedural Manuals as applicable to the department
- Tracks/logs daily activity.
- solid understanding of equipment leasing including documentation, pricing, accounting procedures, tax and legal ramifications and the special policies applicable to the Bank so that they effectively respond to all Branch queries.
- solid understanding of the insurance requirements, environmental risks, product obsolescence, manufacturer's reputation, the market for such equipment once it is used, the life span of the equipment, and the likely impact of the intended usage on the future value of the equipment.
- strong analytical and critical thinking skills to be able to effectively handle unique issues and non-standard transactions. Additionally, as much of the incumbent's responsibilities focus on corresponding with external parties the incumbent must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- strong administrative, organizational and decision-making skills to control the variety of activities and high level of volumes on this post. He/she must also possess a complete understanding of pricing, time value of money, and amortization schedules in preparing mid-term adjustments.
- strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with senior management other than their Manager. This involves regular communication with Sr Relationship Managers, Directors, Customers and the broad range of departments within the Bank. As well, the incumbent must be flexible as the priorities often shift when project work is required of him/her.
- strong understanding of vendor recourse programs and third party assignment programs in order to assist in managing the diversity of the portfolio. The 3 functional areas of business (branch referral, vendor referral and third party) increase the complexity of the portfolio in that all rules may differ and must be personally handled regarding mid-term adjustments, collections, payouts, etc.
- strong commitment to providing a high standard of customer service.
- This role is responsible for, collections of payment, mid-term adjustments, etc. he/she requires a solid knowledge of several computer software applications such as Microsoft Office, T-Value, Infolease and Lotus Notes.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
- College or 5+ years relevant work experience - Experience with leasing industry is a strong asset
- Bilingual French/English required
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and/or related applications
- Analytical skill to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team and High attention to detail
- Must be flexible to adapt positively to changing priorities.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Process improvement mindset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Management, Finance, Technology, Bilingual