Senior Product Manager, Direct Life & Health
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance (TDI) is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers. Job Description
Reporting to the Vice President, Direct Life & Health; the Senior Product Manager is accountable for driving a industry leading customer experience in a rapid growth business. They actively partner for opportunities across the organization to continue this growth trajectory and are recognized experts in their space.
- Develop and implement products/policies and procedures in such a way that it enhances the end to end customer experiencewhile achieving business objectives
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for product-related inquiries
- Liaise with partners (i.e. Marketing, Phone Channel, Retail) to understand industry and customer trends; analyze challenges and identify areas of opportunity through customer research, focus groups, and external secondary research; facilitate ideation sessions and build necessary business cases Build and maintain effective relationships with sales distribution, key internal stakeholders and/or external partners to ensure that customer needs are considered in strategic decisions and in the development of options, solutions and alternatives
- Lead and facilitate problem solving sessions with partners and vendors
- Design end to end process for development, implementation, use, reporting and feedback on developed products and segments
- Direct and coordinate market research to determine underlying customer needs input to development process
- Participate in the day to day management of the product(s), identifying and implementing product features and enhancements, providing business case support of recommendations and assisting in the strategic development of new initiatives
- Deliver financial results for the product / product suite via operation of all available levers: pricing, margin, volume etc., create and deliver business cases to achieve strategic business resultsSupport Senior Management as a subject matter expert for the product(s) portfolio through all forms of written and verbal presentations, (product reviews, planning and forecasting, strategic review sessions)
- Conduct ongoing industry and competitive analysis to obtain market insights and ensure Acquisition Teams are kept informed of matters to be competitive and win in the market place
- Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
- Oversee product management deliverables within budget and as per the approved product plan, working with business partners to develop the content of those deliverables
- Champion the development of the annual business plan and the monthly/quarterly forecast process
- Participate and collaborate on initiatives with internal and external service providers (IT, operations, legal, compliance, marketing etc.) to ensure the product meets TDBG objectives and standards
- Identify and manage risks (market, credit, operational) associated with the product / segment
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and Industry Codes of Conduct
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
- Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge for own area of expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
- Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects and / or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- Contribute to team development of skills and capabilities through mentorship of others, by sharing knowledge and experiences and leveraging best practices
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
- Undergraduate degree or product certificate and /or 10+ years relevant experience
Life & Health Insurance experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to conduct product research, product analysis and development, forecasting, pricing, competitive intelligence
- Knowledge of current and emerging competitor and market trends Ability to forecast and contribute to strategic direction of the product management function and provide advice to senior leadership
- Skill in preparing and managing budgets and P&L Knowledge of and/or skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.