Senior Product Marketing Specialist - ETFs
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
Senior Product Marketing Specialist - ETFs
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We are currently looking for qualified candidates to join our winning team.
The Global Product Marketing team strives to engage investors to invest or remain invested in FTI products by creating compelling stories that bring our products to life through marketing content that is leveraged globally. It is responsible for bringing to life the active management value proposition for our products by delivering compelling content, materials and communications across all regions globally.
This position focuses on creating content for various initiatives that contribute to the broader sales and marketing strategy in Canada as well as other global markets. This includes helping to define deliverables from the strategic concept through the final approved piece. A keen eye towards simple storytelling will aid in helping make the products resonate with investors.
These marketing deliverables will be developed closely with key Business Leaders (especially with the Canadian Marketing team and also within Sales, Portfolio Management and Product Mgt) to help Franklin Templeton achieve its product and business goals. The deliverables may span all types of marketing tactics, including new product launches, event strategy and sponsorship, targeted lead generation email programs, thought leadership initiatives, and other forms of brand building promoted through social media and advertising. In partnership with the Canadian Marketing team, this role will help build the LibertyShares brand through the various multi-channel marketing programs this role will define and help execute.
As the ETF business is in start-up mode, this role will support a variety of responsibilities. Being part of a global team focused on our LibertyShares brand, this position will also collaborate with the various marketing teams throughout our shared services marketing division, Global Marketing Services, to create and deliver the ETF communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the creation of relevant product stories that connect Franklin Templeton's ETFs with client needs - across channels primarily in Canada, but also around the globe.
- Collaborate with Canadian Marketing team to develop overall ETF marketing strategy and plans for building the LibertyShares brand within the Canadian market; consult with regional marketing teams on their marketing strategies in an effort to drive global ETF business results.
- Craft meaningful articles and thought leadership related to the ETF market and our capabilities.
- Partner closely with ETF Business Leaders, ETF Capital Markets Specialists and ETF Sales Specialists to develop marketing and servicing materials, playing lead role in defining the messaging and tactical approach as necessary.
- Partner with PR to develop strategies and tactics to promote our ETF offering.
- Track and understand impact of activities deployed.
- Track competitors. Speak/present to trends, best in class, client needs and opportunities.
- Work independently, yet collaboratively, to develop scalable pitch and product support materials.
In addition, the position will partner with various internal groups (Corporate Communications, Advertising, etc.) to facilitate the development and execution of ETF advertising and PR/media initiatives to build firm and brand recognition in identified target markets.
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5-7+ years' experience in investment product marketing/communication role working with senior investment professionals and product teams
- Knowledge of investment concepts, and ETFs specifically
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards critical
- Exposure to multiple client types (e.g., Institutional, Retail, non-U.S.) strongly desired
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in economics, business, or marketing. MBA a plus
- Other industry qualifications/licenses a plus
- ETF market and industry knowledge, and ability to demonstrate this understanding in the creation and execution of marketing materials
- Functional knowledge of investment concepts with the ability to apply those concepts to the development of compelling product stories, content, and materials
- Strong verbal and writing skills with a demonstrated ability to write for different audiences and mediums (e.g., print, Web) to ensure effective, consistent messaging and branding
- Demonstrated track record of success in executing strategic communications plans, including:
- Creative development of a wide range of prospecting and servicing marketing materials (e.g., sales presentation pitch books, product profiles/fact sheets etc.)
- Management of compliance oversight and coordination to ensure all materials adhere to established policies, procedures, and controls in place for audit purposes
- Superior project management skills, with demonstrated proficiency in establishing and driving complex projects from inception through to completion
- Adaptable to changing priorities, new requests, innovative approaches to work flow, and working under tight deadlines
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams within a large, Global organization (e.g., sales/marketing, client service, management, legal, performance, and graphics)
- A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Assertive, strong examples of "leadership" capabilities/strengths in facilitating projects, overcoming obstacles and challenges (i.e., problem-solving experience)
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Flexible medical, dental and vision insurance
* Corporate Pension Plan
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Purchase company funds with no sales charge
* Competitive vacation package that includes three annual personal days
* Company paid short-term and long-term Disability Insurance
* Education assistance
Franklin Templeton Investments Corp. is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.