Senior Software Engineer - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 78382
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Role: Senior Software Technical Lead The Team
PLATO API & Microservices Engineering team is the PLATO team which support Enterprise API and Banking-as-a-services (BaaS) engineering, development and architecture in PLATO. API Platform is an integrated set of technical products encapsulating critical enterprise engineering capabilities, automated processes, and Microservices architecture to enable high-velocity application development. You are expected to work on your own initiative with respect to defined goals and objectives set by your manager. The role:
We are looking for an energetic and results driven Senior Software Technical Lead
to join the passionate API Platform team. This role will play as the core lead engineer accountable for leading the detail design and development of API Platform. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Create the design of API Platform capabilities in alignment with the endorsed solution architecture.
- Develop and integrate the API Platform with Google Cloud Services, DevOps pipeline, API Portal and etc by technical leadership.
- Lead and mentor the team members by following engineering best practices.
- Conduct the proof of concept on new technologies or solutions with the interaction with vendors and main stakeholders.
- Provide estimates for new initiatives for the development / design component of the overall plan working with relevant team members / stakeholders.
- Conduct Waterfall and Agile development practices.
- Participating in Scrum planning, review, retrospective sessions and daily stand-ups.
- Our teams are flexible and fast - you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- 9+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experienced with Java 8+ and the OSS microservices stack (Spring, Netflix OSS, etc.).
- Experience with production ready cloud native applications development using Kubernetes (K8s)
- Excellent knowledge of micro services architecture & development tools & frameworks
- Good knowledge of API Management platforms from CA, Apigee, Kong
- Good knowledge of Envoy, Spring Cloud Gateway, Zuul/Zuul2
- Good understanding of Domain Driven Design and consumer-driven contracts.
- Good understanding of Open API 3.0 spec, HTTP maturity levels and REST best practices.
- Good knowledge of automation - CI/CD pipelines, A/B Testing
- Good Knowledge of at least one public cloud platform/technologies: Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of most common software architecture & design patterns.
- Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and at infrastructure levels).
- Understanding of software release process (environments, repositories, artifacts, CI/CD, change control , etc.).
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with ability to build and foster relationships with business users, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and problem solve
- Lead technical discussions and drive solution build
- 2-3 years of banking/financial industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with service mesh (e.g. Istio )
- Experience designing and implementing mobile applications and services.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-native applications
- Experience taking a Platform to market
- Experience of NodeJS
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Finance