Senior Solutions Architect
What is the opportunity?
You will be architecting the next generation payments systems for RBC to enterprise payments capabilities in support of Retail, Commercial and Wholesale customers. You must demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with business, strategy, operations, architecture, and delivery teams in the areas of real-time payments, digital payments, microservices and APIs. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Develop and Socialize end-to-end solution for Payment initiatives based on strong collaboration with business and technology leaders with alignment to enterprise architecture, technology standards and industry best practices.
- Influence decision making and facilitate teams with multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship, including contributing to knowledge within the architecture community.
- Proactively drive rationalization of competing interests and achieve consensus on contentious issues.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development, T&O management, RBC business groups, Global Technology Infrastructure, and others.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and aggressive deliverables and take a leadership role in moving initiatives forward and removing obstacles.
- Total IT experience of at least 15 years out of which a minimum of 5 years doing Application or Solutions Architectures on large complex projects
- Experience in developing and implementing domain APIs
- Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. Integration patterns, component-based design), data integration, security integration and infrastructure with a broad technical knowledge on integration and messaging technologies including batch, synchronous, asynchronous technologies
- Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. SOA/Microservices, REST/SOAP, Cloud Native applications, Event-Driven Architecture, Orchestration/Choreography, Data Pipelines), modern technology platforms (e.g. Kafka, Websphere MQ/IIB, Rabbit MQ, RBDMS, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.), and legacy mainframe
What's in it for you?
- Payment domain knowledge in different types of payments would be a strong asset
- Experience in different payment schemes including ISO 20022 and experience in developing payment use cases for B2C, C2B, B2B and C2C
- Hands-on development experience on micro-services, Cloud, and DevOps
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
o A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
o Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
o Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
o Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
o A world-class training program in financial services
o Flexible work/life balance options
o Opportunities to do challenging work
o Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
ARC http://www.rbc.com/techjobs/?utm_campaign=jobpostingupdate_tech Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs