Senior Systems Support Analyst with DevOps
Requisition ID: 84273
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Join the community of Scotia Bankers to help customers become better off
Scotiabank's Post Trade Technology team is responsible for supporting all aspects of settlement & clearing for securities. The team has a global footprint with members in US, Canada, UK & India. The business we support is undertaking a modernization program that will see significant changes in the existing technology landscape. Does working with a truly global team and delivering value to global businesses excite you? Does being part of a full stack team and the ability/opportunity to wear multiple hats (BA/Dev/DevOps/Support/Testing) sound like you? Is the ability to work independently towards a shared goal important to you? Then we would love to hear from you.
The incumbent is responsible for technical systems and business application support to all production and client-server systems maintained within the Line of Business. The incumbent provides support to business users, developers and builds release and deployment pipelines. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will work with application teams to deliver continuous improvements to applications and support the transformation of our approach to both operations and development (e.g., code testing automation and deployment tools and processes).
- Provide operational support for enterprise application builds and deployments using the latest DevOps components (i.e. Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory);
- Manage pipelines for integrating automated builds and deployments for post-trade applications and database changes;
- Implementation of cloud service log monitoring and alerts tools (e.g. ELK Stack, Grafana).
- Champions the resolution of system related issues, ensuring that a high level of availability and customer service is provided to internal and external customers according to Service Level Agreements in place.
- You will manage reliability of critical infrastructure platforms + work to improve and maintain site availability, scalability and service and system performance.
- Participate in Infrastructure testing that would impact supported applications and BCP testing;
- Maintains run-the-bank documentation, using Confluence and other shared document stores, with the aim of improving service levels, maintaining availability targets and SLAs.
- Experience with DevOps tools (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory) or related code/build/release tools;
- Familiarity with basic Unix command-line and shell scripting;
- SQL experience is an asset (Sybase or Oracle);
- Experience with Office products such as MS Word, Excel;
- Code language familiarity with Java or Python is an asset
- Passionate about adapting new technologies to accelerate business value delivery
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
What's in it for you?
- A recognized degree in engineering, computer science, math or related discipline or existing professional experience
- 2-5 years technical work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We have plenty of advanced training/learning resources/courses available within the organization.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We believe in job satisfaction and work/life balance.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Help Desk, Information Technology, Systems Analyst, Bank, Banking, Technology, Finance