Software Developer - Java/J2EE
Requisition ID: 80799
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The role:
Join a dynamic and fast paced Agile team working on systems supporting the onboarding and maintenance of cash management products and services for our business customers.
Located in downtown Toronto, the Product Onboarding and Fulfillment lab is responsible for streamlining and automating the current process of product onboarding and maintenance in order to create operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Senior Manager/Lab Lead, the Senior Programmer Analyst will work closely with our Product Owners and other stakeholders, help us deliver regular enhancements to our Pega application, as well as providing on-going application support to our internal user groups. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Participate and contribute to technical delivery solutions for user requirements with an integrated team of Product Owners, Developers, Testers and Business Systems Analysts.
- Provide production support for our internal user groups during business hours
- Interface with technical and non-technical team members on a regular basis, and contribute to identifying solutions to achieve business results
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, and maintain an understanding of the Division's business and technology strategies.
- Provide time estimates for your work and hit deadlines in an agile environment. Prioritize effectively, and managing multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities.
- Must have 1 - 3 years of progressive hands-on technical working experience with systems analysis, programming, system integration testing (SIT), debugging & implementation. Also, contributing to the design process & aiding user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Must have an Agile & High Performance Orientation mindset. You possess a passion for contributing to, and driving teams towards high performance and take a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Must possess strong interpersonal & communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in order to interact effectively with team members and other departments, and explain/defend complex technical solutions and concepts to either a technical or business audience.
- You're creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Working knowledge of Pega is an asset
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Programmer, Technology, Finance